Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mistake that people make is twofold... first....they think every problem has to be solved in one window, and second they do not realise that just a few very good signings will improve the team but also can affect positively the players already at the club.

We made one really big mistake last year and that was signing too many players... it was impossible to fit them all into the team and some were unable to ever get a decent run in a settled team that was playing well.
I'd counter that the "one really big mistake" we made last year was signing generally terrible players and not too many of them.

Don't rate Werner too highly myself, watched a bit of rbl this season and he's inconsistent, wouldn't bother me all that much if they buy him for that price.

From them I'd prefer Forsberg, not that I think it will happen.

Werner is really good, he has had a bit of a difficult season, and has injury worries that has ment his appereances have sometimes been limited, he has been on the bench quite a bit not 100% for 90 mins a lot of games. But honestly, he is real class. And he's looking good now at this point of the season now he is back fit.

He would be the best available replacment for Lewandowski if he goes to Real Madrid this summer as it looks like he is doing. But Leipzig will hopefully make it a nightmare for FC Bayern to sign him and if he goes there I hope they squeeze them for every cent! That would be where I expect him to go, not Liverpool.

From Leipzig, players like Demme, Sabizer, Orban, Augustin, Halstenberg (got bad injury now though unfortunately), Upamecano are good players but they go under the radar because people focus on Werner, Keita and Forsberg.

Please no thank you, if they are no good enough for them then they are not good enough for us.
Yeah! Let’s give Walcott back to Arsenal too! Who cares if he’s our best player?! Not good enough!

And De Bruyne wasn’t good enough for Chelsea so City should give him away. And we shouldn’t have taken Lukaku because he’s clearly not good enough for Chelsea either. Sorry, but Jose has sold loads of top players.

Ozyakup Interest Confirmed?
The agent of Turkish midfielder Oguzhan Ozyakup has alleged that Everton are eyeing his client, as reported by Sports Witness.

Nothing like a good transfer rumour to get us going for the day, is there?

Kees Vos - great name - met with Besiktas board members this week, and part of the encounter was linked to the press.

How on earth does that happen?

But it turns out that Vos supposedly name-dropped the Blues, saying:

"I can confirm that Marseille, Everton, AC Milan, Lazio and Valencia are all showing an interest for Oğuzhan.

We also have offers inside the Turkish Super Lig but he wants to agree with you first. So please decide what you are going to do in the next couple of weeks, and we’ll act accordingly."

Yeah! Let’s give Walcott back to Arsenal too! Who cares if he’s our best player?! Not good enough!

And De Bruyne wasn’t good enough for Chelsea so City should give him away. And we shouldn’t have taken Lukaku because he’s clearly not good enough for Chelsea either. Sorry, but Jose has sold loads of top players.

So you would like those Man U players to join us, yes?

We must be paying him a LOT of money. All hail Steve Walsh for finding this gem

When he's at his best, he can be brilliant. Trouble for Arsenal is that his best wasn't frequent enough.
Definitely an upgrade for us though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back