Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's an obvious bad use of stats. Firstly the guy was injured loads before Christmas. Secondly pure numbers are irrelevant. Cleverleys were great.

It's where the passes go that matters. Interpretation is key.

He's injured loads EVERY season...

I would prefer us to sign 2 quality signings each window (no more) and gradually improve the standard of our squad.

More importantly, lets invest in the best world class manager we can. Regardless of cost. The best managers can attract the best players (Usually!)

Money squandered last year on potential could better have been focused on quality.

I agree in general, however right now thw squad is so poor we need more than 2 quality signings in the summer...

Well yeah that's the obvious concern.

A free transfer makes me think it's well worth it tho.

His salary would be huge, thats my issue... Things like this effect team spirit... We currently have too many players on double or triple what others are on and those players aren't anywhere near preforming enough

Yeah that's an obvious bad use of stats. Firstly the guy was injured loads before Christmas. Secondly pure numbers are irrelevant. Cleverleys were great.

It's where the passes go that matters. Interpretation is key.
Isn't this (in bold) the issue though? The guy's made of glass and doesn't help himself with his lifestyle. We should swerve this lad imo

Saturday proved that one of the biggest priorities has to be a combative CM. Without Gueye we looked criminally immobile and had no bite.

Saying that, if McCarthy was ever to return to a decent level we'd be far more adeqiatade covered.

Saturday proved that one of the biggest priorities has to be a combative CM. Without Gueye we looked criminally immobile and had no bite.

Saying that, if McCarthy was ever to return to a decent level we'd be far more adeqiatade covered.
No we wouldn't because he's a perma-injured sick note crab yard dog of a footballer and as soon as he's capable of partaking in a medical he should be sold to the first bidder

I feel like the constructed media driven narrative around him is actually different from the reality. Didn’t he struggle to cement a place in Bournemouth’s midfield?

No, he played consistently for Bournemouth (30+ times) he just wasn't standing out as in bagging goals and assists.

But that's not him to be fair and he kept them ticking to a 9th place finish.

Immobile would be a decent signing

If Palace go down which I think is unlikely, Zaha would be a good signing.

Even better if we can convince them to take Yanic back.

I'm basing it on him being in the top 5 passers in the league and our midfield bring appalling. Statistically the numbers are there to back it up. So I'm basing my opinion on a combination of gut instinct and hard evidence.

Hasn't he spent nearly a total of three years injured though. We cant afford any more cock ups with big money signings, with large long term financial commitments (BMD) on the horizon we really need to get this right......and fast.

Hasn't he spent nearly a total of three years injured though. We cant afford any more cock ups with big money signings, with large long term financial commitments (BMD) on the horizon we really need to get this right......and fast.
He has a lot of the qualities that we badly need in our midfield and if he is available on a free we have to at least consider him. Players of his quality cost £40m plus in todays market. It's a gamble for sure but of there's a chance of getting him we have to at least try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back