Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm......surely he has been unlucky to not be teams with a good midfield?

He’s be shown up. I know people rate him highly on here but I fail to see what he does for us. Just because the alternative to him is Schneiderlin doesn’t mean he’s good enough for where we want to be.

The midfield as a whole needs a major overhaul which is unbelievable when you think that in the last 2 seasons we’ve bought Gueye Schneiderlin Klaassen and Siggurdson yet currently our best midfielder is a 19 year old who half the fan base don’t seem to rate either.

He’s be shown up. I know people rate him highly on here but I fail to see what he does for us. Just because the alternative to him is Schneiderlin doesn’t mean he’s good enough for where we want to be.

The midfield as a whole needs a major overhaul which is unbelievable when you think that in the last 2 seasons we’ve bought Gueye Schneiderlin Klaassen and Siggurdson yet currently our best midfielder is a 19 year old who half the fan base don’t seem to rate either.
Think he’s badly missed Barry, Barry would sit deeper well positioned and be composed and get the ball under control. Gueye cold then run around everywhere hunting the ball, this hasn’t worked with Schneiderlin, Morgan just doesn’t seem to have the positional sense and isn’t good enough on the ball

We need Gueye AND multiple incoming mids like Nzonzi or Fred who are likely both pipe dreams. We can't afford to sell the few decent players we have left no matter who we bring in.

I think we would be better off selling Gueye, signing Nzonzi and bringing in Wilshere, Fellaini, and Max Meyer on free transfers.

7CCA3E2D-E3D1-4A7E-84A7-D5073ED6404F.webp
We’d probably end up with Fred Flinstone if it is Steve Walsh still handling our transfer dealings.
Or this guy? Probably more mobile and aggressive than the vast majority of our midfielders though - I’m all in...

Wayne Rooney

Him always being injured is one of those things the media like to spin out to tarnish him.
The the past 2 seasons hes played more games then the majority of his england counterparts bar dier, alli and oxlade chamberlain.
Thats more than lallana, captain hendo, livermore, winks, lingaard, loftus cheek, chalobah and delph.

I agree he is a decent player when fit, it's just the amount of time he's spent injured. We need players who are going play week in week out otherwise we will end up relying on players like Mirallas et al.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/jack-wilshere/verletzungen/spieler/74223

Tom Davies is not our best midfielder.

Morgan SniderRat is 10 times the player, Gana is 20 times the player, Davy Klaassens left foot is 50 times the player.

I think we’d be better off if Mosh had 10x more cash to invest. Obviously that’s not at all realistic though.

If signing Nzonzi and a few free transfers is considered beyond Everton's purchasing power, then I don't think our purchasing power has increased that much since we were signing the likes of Lukaku pre-Moshiri.

If signing Nzonzi and a few free transfers is considered beyond Everton's purchasing power, then I don't think our purchasing power has increased that much since we were signing the likes of Lukaku pre-Moshiri.
You act like there’s no competition for good players on free transfers...

Honestly mate, if you think Tom Davies is better than Morgan or Gana then I suspect maybe football isnt really for you.

Yeah because they’ve both been boss haven’t they. I guarantee Tom Davies will do far more in a blue shirt than either of those clowns.

Besides, my personal opinion is that our best central midfielder is currently on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back