Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but so did Darren Huckerby and Robert Earnshaw so I wouldn't get too excited.

The difference is Besic has done it before in the prem. was our best player first half of 14/15 in my opinion, we’ve seen the level he can get to in that performance in the cup semi v City. Instead of allowing him to get back to that though, awful managers have cast him aside because the likes of Schneiderlin McCarthy Gueye all have prem experience so therefore are worth giving chance after chance despite being utter dog turd most of the time whilst Besic barely got any once Koeman arrived.

The difference is Besic has done it before in the prem. was our best player first half of 14/15 in my opinion, we’ve seen the level he can get to in that performance in the cup semi v City. Instead of allowing him to get back to that though, awful managers have cast him aside because the likes of Schneiderlin McCarthy Gueye all have prem experience so therefore are worth giving chance after chance despite being utter dog turd most of the time whilst Besic barely got any once Koeman arrived.
I was being a little mischievous, he's obviously a better player than those I mentioned, although I would dispute he was ever our best player. How he can't get a game here when Schneiderlin keeps getting game time is beyond me though.

Shoddy mismanagement, he’s a good young player with technique, pace, aggression, and can use both feet. Clearly attributes unwanted in Everton’s walking midfield.

Agree, but unfortunately made of glass at this level

Always wanted this guy to do well, never seemed to live up to the hype after excelling in a major tournament

Think he would be great back up for Gana

Doesn't seem like the most harsh of punishments:
I'M SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU GO ON HOLIDAY FOR A FEW WEEKS

I guess it's all a matter of opinion, but personally I could probably count on one hand the number of games I've seen Besic play where he has truly impressed me

Besic's main problem is his lack of ability to see or execute a pass (IMO), he carries the ball beautifully, likes a tackle and tries hard enough but it's that lack of passing ability as well as a worrying tendency to be out of position that means he'll never make it here IMO

Think this is second season syndrome for Tom, has showed he has the potential but next season is huge for Tom, if he progress's well I see a great future for him with Everton, if not I see a loan move with a potential buy out to a championship side

Personally the way forward is to buy 23 -28 year olds who are at or close to their peak, we have enough potential to sink the Royal Iris and far too many players at the end or close to the end of their careers.

This window will be huge for the progress, or further regress of the club
Iirc there are studies that say that "peak" these days is closer to 26 than 28/29 for most players.

I would also prefer to buy players on the way up rather than relying on the ageing rejects from the top clubs. Free transfers are generally free for a reason. If you fill your team with players nearing the end of their career and they perform poorly it can be disastrous trying to replace them.
Unless you have Brian Clough as manager you are unlikely to build a successful side out of other teams rejects.

There is risk with almost all transfers. Klassen would probably have fit the up-and-coming profile that you speak of, whereas Gareth Barry would have been put in the ageing rejects category before his move to Everton, but there's no doubting which transfer was more successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back