Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always been competition, there always will be. Moshiri is supposed to have made us more competitive, not less.
So more competitive means signing every player you have an interest in despite clubs with more resources and better sides also being in? I'm sorry, but that's fantasy land. We'd do well to land one of those players.

So more competitive means signing every player you have an interest in despite clubs with more resources and better sides also being in? I'm sorry, but that's fantasy land. We'd do well to land one of those players.

If the rumours are to be believed, we competed for that LB that jibbed us off for Arsenal, we competed for Costa who jibbed us off for Athletico, we competed for Giroud who jibbed us off for his missus, we competed for Tillemans who jibbed us off for Monaco, we competed for Draxler who jibbed us off for PSG, prior to Moshiri we competed for Byram, who jibbed us off for West Ham.

It isn't fantasy land at all. We signed one of the players mentioned for 15 million pound back in 2008. If you honestly think that those players are now beyond the reach of Everton, then it means Everton have become less competitive under Moshiri than we were years ago.

They aren't even mega names. Wilshere and Fellaini are at the same level as Walcott (not good enough for the top six) and there are some on here who'd argue they aren't even good enough for Everton. Of course there will be competition, but to suggest the competition is beyond Everton for that calibre of player isn't accurate at all. We've been signing that calibre of player at Everton for years.

If signing Nzonzi and a few free transfers is considered beyond Everton's purchasing power, then I don't think our purchasing power has increased that much since we were signing the likes of Lukaku pre-Moshiri.
It's not necessarily the cost to purchase a player that limits a club it's the financial burden of a players wage demands. Every club has an upper limit on the amount of wages it can pay , which is why failed acquisitions can fatally derail a clubs ambitions, not just by failing on the pitch but by restricting the clubs ability to replace them.

It isn't fantasy land at all. We signed one of the players mentioned for 15 million pound back in 2008. If you honestly think that those players are now beyond the reach of Everton, then it means Everton have become less competitive under Moshiri than we were years ago.

They aren't even mega names. Wilshere and Fellaini are at the same level as Walcott (not good enough for the top six) and there are some on here who'd argue they aren't even good enough for Everton. Of course there will be competition, but to suggest the competition is beyond Everton for that calibre of player isn't accurate at all. We've been signing that calibre of player at Everton for years.
Once again, signing all of them is not realistic.

It's not necessarily the cost to purchase a player that limits a club it's the financial burden of a players wage demands. Every club has an upper limit on the amount of wages it can pay , which is why failed acquisitions can fatally derail a clubs ambitions, not just by failing on the pitch but by restricting the clubs ability to replace them.

Agreed. But Everton should be well placed in that regard with our sky high revenues and massive player sales in recent times. The idea that we have become less competitive than pre-Moshiri just isn't accurate.

Once again, signing all of them is not realistic.

It is if we get rid of the wank we are currently lumbered with. Selling Gueye, Schneiderlin, Niasse, Besic, and Klaassen would bring in over 50 million and also seriously reduce our wage outlay. And that's without even considering this years TV money etc. Bringing in a few good signings and a few free transfers really isn't far fetched.

I agree with you Dymak, we also need a good manager to go with the new players coming in, the only problem then is to find somebody who will buy our wank players.

It is if we get rid of the wank we are currently lumbered with. Selling Gueye, Schneiderlin, Niasse, Besic, and Klaassen would bring in over 50 million and also seriously reduce our wage outlay. And that's without even considering this years TV money etc. Bringing in a few good signings and a few free transfers really isn't far fetched.
I would also prefer to buy players on the way up rather than relying on the ageing rejects from the top clubs. Free transfers are generally free for a reason. If you fill your team with players nearing the end of their career and they perform poorly it can be disastrous trying to replace them.
Unless you have Brian Clough as manager you are unlikely to build a successful side out of other teams rejects.

sadly davies has regressed, quite a lot.

lets hope he can regain some form else I think he'll be out the door

Think this is second season syndrome for Tom, has showed he has the potential but next season is huge for Tom, if he progress's well I see a great future for him with Everton, if not I see a loan move with a potential buy out to a championship side

Personally the way forward is to buy 23 -28 year olds who are at or close to their peak, we have enough potential to sink the Royal Iris and far too many players at the end or close to the end of their careers.

This window will be huge for the progress, or further regress of the club

Yeah because they’ve both been boss haven’t they. I guarantee Tom Davies will do far more in a blue shirt than either of those clowns.

Besides, my personal opinion is that our best central midfielder is currently on loan.

Huh? Really?

Lookman? not tearing the German League to shreds, Dowell, cant get a regular game for Forest, Mirallas? seriously? Henry? would class him more as an attacker myself, but could be wrong or have a I missed the 50 million man loaned out somewhere else?

You have lost me mate, I have no idea who you are talking about?

Yeah because they’ve both been boss haven’t they. I guarantee Tom Davies will do far more in a blue shirt than either of those clowns.

Besides, my personal opinion is that our best central midfielder is currently on loan.

Funny how Koeman had him in defence at the start of the season. Couldn't get any time and is now a vital player to his loan club.
Would have him in the team any day of the week over Morgan Plodderlin.

Huh? Really?

Lookman? not tearing the German League to shreds, Dowell, cant get a regular game for Forest, Mirallas? seriously? Henry? would class him more as an attacker myself, but could be wrong or have a I missed the 50 million man loaned out somewhere else?

You have lost me mate, I have no idea who you are talking about?

Our Bosnian prince currently bossing the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back