Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, our decline. We are far further away from the top 6 than we were before he came. We actually used to make up part of the top six on several occasions before the decline set in.
Lmao. He's been here, what? 2 years max. Not fully in control yet either. We're better off now than we've been for sodding ages. You need to give yer head a wobble lad.

It's not nonsense though. The quality of our squad has declined massively since Moshiri came in, hence why we are so far away from the top six.

Arguably Martinez stripped the squad of the top 6 quality it had under Moyes and instead built it around 4 prodigies at the expense of quality everywhere else. Yes Stones (who Moyes bought) and Lukaku are better than anyone we have now but they were supported by the likes of Kone and Alcaraz, Atsu and McGeady.

The current squad, although shambolic in terms of attitude has a lot better depth than Martinez’s. Moshiri’s mistake was to allow Koeman/Walsh/Kenwright/Elstone control of the trainset for 2 years. He’s given that to Brands now.

Yes, we are further away from competing with the top six than we were pre-Moshiri. You know we are as well, you just don't want to admit it.
When I read your posts mate my internal voice sounds like this fella.
images.webp

Lmao. He's been here, what? 2 years max. Not fully in control yet either. We're better off now than we've been for sodding ages. You need to give yer head a wobble lad.

A two year period that has saw a dramatic decline in the quality of our squad, and a move further away from the top six, which we were actually a part of not so long ago.

Every club in the entire division has money, and is now more secure than they were 10 years ago. But Everton have declined with regards our squad quality and ability to compete with the top 6.

A two year period that has saw a dramatic decline in the quality of our squad, and a move further away from the top six, which we were actually a part of not so long ago.

Every club in the entire division has money, and is now more secure than they were 10 years ago. But Everton have declined with regards our squad quality and ability to compete with the top 6.

Or, Moshiri made an error in his early days, and wont repeat it.

Yes, we are further away from competing with the top six than we were pre-Moshiri. You know we are as well, you just don't want to admit it.
Yes, I dont want to admit that all mathematicians from all time have been wrong, and that somehow finishing 6 spots out of 6th is more competitive than finishing 1 or 2 spots.

Moshiri has tried to do the right things but done them badly. We have lost ground over last 4 years, not just 2, but everything and anything that can be done to improve that is in the present and future. The past is gone.

How many of those did Moshiri personally sign then mate?

Look, I know that you are eager to excuse Moshiri of any blame whatsoever for our decline over the past few years, but we have declined, and we are further away from competing with the top six than we were before he came.

Look, I know that you are eager to excuse Moshiri of any blame whatsoever for our decline over the past few years, but we have declined, and we are further away from competing with the top six than we were before he came.

We finished 11th twice before he came though. Well, sort of.

He made 2 serious, in hindsight, mistakes in recruitment of a managerial team. I am fine with the steps he has taken to rectify those errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back