Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't be gazzumped if we haven't made a bid - we've probably been 'poised' for the past month

Fully expect somebody else to come in and sign him no fuss

In fairness I've not seen a lot of business being done for any players who've been over in Russia with matches to play.

Really don't know how people can blame Moshiri at all, No one expected Walsh and Koeman to fluff it up, Not just small they proper messed everything up from top to bottom, The man gave them two clowns 250m to try and improve us and both of them messed us over and we had to beg Fat Sam of all people to save us from a potential relegation who he had to pay Big money to come AND leave. "Well he shouldn't have appointed them then" All good in hindsight I was personally happy to have both Walsh and Koeman who were both highly regarded at the time coming here to try and build something special. I can't fault the man at all.

Look, I know that you are eager to excuse Moshiri of any blame whatsoever for our decline over the past few years, but we have declined, and we are further away from competing with the top six than we were before he came.
Before he came we were finishing 11th.

Really don't know how people can blame Moshiri at all, No one expected Walsh and Koeman to fluff it up, Not just small they proper messed everything up from top to bottom, The man gave them two clowns 250m to try and improve us and both of them messed us over and we had to beg Fat Sam of all people to save us from a potential relegation who he had to pay Big money to come AND leave. "Well he shouldn't have appointed them then" All good in hindsight I was personally happy to have both Walsh and Koeman who were both highly regarded at the time coming here to try and build something special. I can't fault the man at all.

Same.

I thought Walsh and Koeman were the correct appointments at the time.

As we know we tried for Monchi and Brands also.

As you say, hindsight has proven they were both utter jokers, but I think most people were happy at the time of their appointments, of course not everybody was happy with Koeman and there were a few who werent happy with Walsh, but those same people probably arent happy with Brands and Silva and probably struggle to find any happiness with Everton unless they appoint Jose, Pep or peak SAF.

Very disappointed Williams, mirallas etc weren't fired straight out of a canon as soon as they arrived this morning

...Mirallas, another 3 years left on his contract is symptomatic of Walsh/Koeman regime. A 30 year old struggled for game time, struggled with attitude then produces a few reasonable performances and is given a new deal. Inept.

Think it's any coincidence there were rumblings of Kenwright's influence being in danger when the organizational shake-up happened?

Will be interesting to see where Lozano goes. If it weren’t for Brands we wouldn’t even be talking about him as a realistic target. We shouldn’t underestimate that relationship and I’ve a feeling it might be the statement signing we need to kick start our latest revolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back