Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt say amazing window, but I think they have made some astute moves personally.

I dont fear them, they are a basket case of a club and it will all go to utter crap as it always does with them, but I still think they have made some decent moves.

Diop was very highly rated, never seen him play, but hes meant to be very good, the other 2 I wouldnt want, maybe Fabianski would have been a good back up and as said above JW is a good player, but hes a gamble.

So two players you wouldn’t want here, one you’ve never seen and another that can’t stay fit. How is that astute haha.

Well, i cant fathom why someone would want to leave the premier league and go to play for a smaller side in Germany...

The only logic to us selling would be if we achieved an astronomical offer OR Werner / Upamecano as part of a Lookman + cash deal

Even then it wouldnt be a wise move to lose a potential England international...

As I said in the Lookman thread, maybe he likes the place/the people/the club.

The Bundesliga definitely suits Lookman's style of play as well as it's more open even than the Premier League.

Sometimes it's good for young English players to have ambitions to play abroad. I just hope in this case he doesn't fulfil that :)

He’s good, I wasn’t denying that, I’m just laughing at you thinking we should have lashed £100k p/w on him.
Why not? We lashed 150k p/w on Rooney. Wilshire would easily have been worth the gamble, especially on a free transfer. I guess this season will prove which of us was right about him, so let's come back to this at Christmas.

So two players you wouldn’t want here, one you’ve never seen and another that can’t stay fit. How is that astute haha.

Well we arent West Ham mate.

Whats astute for them, isnt for us.

I would have liked us to sign Diop, you dont have to watch somebody to know if they are any good frandel, theres other ways to asses a player and no, I dont mean Youtube vids.

But with all players bought outside the league you have to wonder if they can adapt.

I wouldnt say amazing window, but I think they have made some astute moves personally.

I dont fear them, they are a basket case of a club and it will all go to utter crap as it always does with them, but I still think they have made some decent moves.

Diop was very highly rated, never seen him play, but hes meant to be very good, the other 2 I wouldnt want, maybe Fabianski would have been a good back up and as said above JW is a good player, but hes a gamble.

I'd have had all three players they've signed, but equally so I couldn't care less that we weren't in for them.

They aren't going to transform West Ham. I'm arsed about what we do.

I want 3-4 quality additions. Happy to have it as just 3 (a CM, CB, LB) if it means Lookman staying and if the manager thinks he can get a tune out of Sandro.

Why not? We lashed 150k p/w on Rooney. Wilshire would easily have been worth the gamble, especially on a free transfer. I guess this season will prove which of us was right about him, so let's come back to this at Christmas.

Have you any idea how much financial damage we put ourselves in with last summers transfer business? Why would we do it again on an injury prone player like him.

Well we arent West Ham mate.

Whats astute for them, isnt for us.

I would have liked us to sign Diop, you dont have to watch somebody to know if they are any good frandel, theres other ways to asses a player and no, I dont mean Youtube vids.

But with all players bought outside the league you have to wonder if they can adapt.

You went on WhoScored didn’t you.

West Ham are rattling the top 6's cage...our carpetbagger owner needs to flash the cash tout de suite.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *breath* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Have you any idea how much financial damage we put ourselves in with last summers transfer business? Why would we do it again on an injury prone player like him.
I just think he would have been worth it mate. We'll see if he can keep injury-free or not, because if so he's a top player, easily worth 30m in this climate.
But I take your point about the damage caused last season, maybe that played a role in us not going in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back