Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that we need to reduce our squad. It's massive and filled with terrible players and contracts.

But, if we have targets, wouldn't it make more sense to get who we ACTUALLY want instead of who is left when we get rid of the deadwood?

Someone said it earlier, waiting to purge salary now is like Moyes trying to sell players to get the money for his targets only for them to go somewhere else.

Not freaking out, just not sure what is going on.

What if we can't ship the deadwood?
Taking big loses on players or having large salaries on the books for players that won't be playing will severely limit our recruitment due to FFP. It also undermines our negotiation position.

We need to accept that "not knowing what's going on" is going to be the new normal - trying to get insights by reading the sports pages or twitter will just drive us all collectively insane as it's for the most part complete nonsense.

I'm chuffed with the Brands/Silva appointments - I'm going to trust that they know what they're doing. If I'm wrong - there's nothing any of us can do... if I'm right then great. There's just zero point to worrying about this stuff at all - enjoy the end of the world cup.

Hadn’t Walcott just come off a season where he scored 18 goals?

yes, he came on the back of playing 37 times the following year in all comps, then only 6 apps the 6 months prior to when we bought him

wilshere would have come on the back of a season where he made 38 apps last season, the last 6 months when he was probablys arsenals best player

Not bothered aba West Ham, I remember we were overjoyed at all of our signings last year and look at that!

Well, maybe Klaassen and Sandro will be like new signings under the mighty Marco

The early season Richarlison reborn

Manager : Marco Silva

GK
Jordan Pickford
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny
Cuco Martina
Callum Connolly

LB
Leighton Baines
Antonee Robinson
Brendan Galloway

CB
Michael Keane
Phil Jagielka
Ashley Williams
Mason Holgate
Matthew Pennington
Tyias Browning

DM/CM/AM
Muhamed Bešić
Morgan Schneiderlin
James McCarthy [+]
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Davy Klaassen
Tom Davies
Beni Baningime
Kieran Dowell

Widers
Yannick Bolasie
Theo Walcott
Nikola Vlašić
Kevin Mirallas
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Total players : 33
Players culled so far : 6
Players purchased so far : 0

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/goats-squad-analysis-thread-2018-19.103634/page-12

We have sold :

Rooney
Mori
Garbutt
Henry Loan
Tarahahahahisiji
Robles

From players I consider "first team"

From that , here is our poss starting 11 and subs

---------------pickford
coleman keane holgate baines
------------------gana
---schneiderlin.....siggurdsson
walcott---------tosun........lookman

subs - stek, davies, jags,DCL.dowell, JJK, vlasic(ive just thrown names together that can cover positions)

i suppose its not tooo bad...hmmmm

Not at the world cup, how is that relevant. Either is Bale and you would have him in a flash.
My bad, I thought he was eligible for England (having played u21 and u19 as I recall) but hadn't been called up. Didn't realise he opted for the ivory coast.

---------------pickford
------------------gana

subs - stek, davies, jags,DCL.dowell, JJK, vlasic(ive just thrown names together that can cover positions)

Not good enough especially as lookman still may leave. The front three especially

---------------pickford
------------------gana

Any starting 11 with the word Schneiderlin in is dire.

Baines can't get forward, so Lookman will be tracking back all the time to pick the ball up. The LB situation has to be an absolute priority doesn't it.

I think Sigs is the natural successor to Rooney leaving - but what about Klassen? £23 Million for the guy, and he doesn't play ahead of Snides?

Zero pace in the centre of the park, and that needs to change :|

---------------pickford
------------------gana

Leicester/Burnley/West Ham/Wolves would get 20+ points more than that team over the course of 38 games

Proven PL forward (Walcott)
Proven top finisher (Tosun)

Yeh they’re not good enough for the mighty Ev.
Walcotts not a proven pl forward, he begged Wenger to play him up front and not on the wing, Wenger did and you know the rest.

Proven top finisher tosun, you gotta be kidding me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back