Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you said the World Cup was distracting the fans from this and it was a god send for the club.

However you are now telling us Brands has been very open about it so hardly been hiding the fact have they?

Make your mind up mate.
Distracting them from incomings. There's a difference.

So these are the listed transfers out:

Ramiro Funes Mori - Villarreal, undisclosed
Jose Baxter - Oldham, free
Conor Grant - Plymouth, free
Calum Dyson - Plymouth, free
Wayne Rooney - DC United, free
Luke Garbutt - Oxford United, loan

Someoen help me out because Im lazy, is that 6 out of a first team of 38 gone or just Mori and Rooney?
3 or 4, depending on how Baxter is included.
Also, Robles is missing.

I get that we need to reduce our squad. It's massive and filled with terrible players and contracts.

But, if we have targets, wouldn't it make more sense to get who we ACTUALLY want instead of who is left when we get rid of the deadwood?

Someone said it earlier, waiting to purge salary now is like Moyes trying to sell players to get the money for his targets only for them to go somewhere else.

Not freaking out, just not sure what is going on.

Tell me about Diop. Seen any of him ever?

And a team signing Wilshire is funny to me. I’m absolutely chuffed we were never interested.

And not saying you are but the way some people are reacting is clearly jealousy.

100%

Some of our fans don't seem to be able to cope with being trolled by West Ham fans. It seems that they would prefer we splurge cash on a player just to be able to have a good response to twitter banter.

Nobody is suggesting that we don't need to strengthen our team at all... we're just not freaking out that teams like West Ham have managed to recruit players before us.

We've a huge squad that we're trying to reduce in size - recruiting players before offloading is a very risky move. You could be banking on a player leaving and then something like the image rights issue with Klassens loan tanks a deal and we're left not being able to recruit for a key position without breaking FFP.

On top of this - recruitment of certain players might be completely dependent on timing. The KT transfer could be dead in the water... or maybe Celtic don't want distractions around thei team while they play their CL qualifiers. Everton might be in a position to sign him next week for all we know, but should we just give up and try for Luke Shaw instead just to catch up with West Ham?

C'mon folks - worrying about West Ham's transfer business right now is madness.
Fulham haven't signed a player yet and they're coming from the championship - how are our fans freaking out more than them?
Burnley, the team that finished immediately above us haven't signed a player yet. Are they losing their minds all over the internet?
Chelsea are about the only other fan base that are acting like us right now - that's the company that we're keeping - is that what people want?

*readies ignore button*

Someoen help me out because Im lazy, is that 6 out of a first team of 38 gone or just Mori and Rooney?

Manager : Marco Silva

GK
Jordan Pickford
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny
Cuco Martina
Callum Connolly

LB
Leighton Baines
Antonee Robinson
Brendan Galloway

CB
Michael Keane
Phil Jagielka
Ashley Williams
Mason Holgate
Matthew Pennington
Tyias Browning

DM/CM/AM
Muhamed Bešić
Morgan Schneiderlin
James McCarthy [+]
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Davy Klaassen
Tom Davies
Beni Baningime
Kieran Dowell

Widers
Yannick Bolasie
Theo Walcott
Nikola Vlašić
Kevin Mirallas
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Total players : 33
Players culled so far : 6
Players purchased so far : 0

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/goats-squad-analysis-thread-2018-19.103634/page-12

We have sold :

Rooney
Mori
Garbutt
Henry Loan
Tarahahahahisiji
Robles

From players I consider "first team"

"If the club does something positive I'll post my positive thoughts regarding it"

Show me just 1 post of you doing this, just 1 post were you say 1 single positive thing about the club.

I dont expect everybody to have the same views as me, I embrace all peoples viewpoints, thats the reason I post on here, it would be horrible if everybody thought the same as me, honestly what would be the point in having a forum if everybody agreed. What I dont like is people constantly moaning, moan, moan, moan 24 hours a day, stamping their feet like a child, I mostly put those people on ignore, infact, you do make a fine point.

Enjoy your time on the forum.

The word "Yokels" (when written correctly) flags up one VERY interesting name mein frandel.

Very interesting.

Rooney, Mori, Joel and Garbutt i think from the 38 last season.

Manager : Marco Silva

GK
Jordan Pickford
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny
Cuco Martina
Callum Connolly

LB
Leighton Baines
Antonee Robinson
Brendan Galloway

CB
Michael Keane
Phil Jagielka
Ashley Williams
Mason Holgate
Matthew Pennington
Tyias Browning

DM/CM/AM
Muhamed Bešić
Morgan Schneiderlin
James McCarthy [+]
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Davy Klaassen
Tom Davies
Beni Baningime
Kieran Dowell

Widers
Yannick Bolasie
Theo Walcott
Nikola Vlašić
Kevin Mirallas
Ademola Lookman

Strikers
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse
Sandro Ramírez
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Total players : 33
Players culled so far : 6
Players purchased so far : 0

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/goats-squad-analysis-thread-2018-19.103634/page-12

We have sold :

Rooney
Mori
Garbutt
Henry Loan
Tarahahahahisiji
Robles

From players I consider "first team"
state of that

again im not worried by west ham themselves as they have two massive idiots in charge so half of what is reported probably wont pay off, but again it is pretty arrogant to suggest just because west ham signed them that they wont be good players

diop might well flop, but quite a few people on here wanted him as everton before he signed there ( and is he an upgrade on the shocking CB's we have atm? he most definitely is )

and wilshere is a gamble, no doubt... but wasn't Walcott a gamble given his injury record? and he came in and automatically become one of our top 3 players

Hadn’t Walcott just come off a season where he scored 18 goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back