Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If the club does something positive I'll post my positive thoughts regarding it"

Show me just 1 post of you doing this, just 1 post were you say 1 single positive thing about the club.

I dont expect everybody to have the same views as me, I embrace all peoples viewpoints, thats the reason I post on here, it would be horrible if everybody thought the same as me, honestly what would be the point in having a forum if everybody agreed. What I dont like is people constantly moaning, moan, moan, moan 24 hours a day, stamping their feet like a child, I mostly put those people on ignore, infact, you do make a fine point.

Enjoy your time on the forum.

Are people moaning 24 hours a day though mate? The facts are we are in off season with no pre season games as of yet played so naturally 95% of forum talk will be on transfers/the transfer window. Now if your not happy with how the window has gone / with the board then its going to be obvious that the majority of your posts are going to be negative.

If we were in October now I would be too busy commenting on the match thread, player and manager performances etc to care about the window but thats the nature of the beast.

You could point to the Sam Alladyce thread on any EFC forum during the season and see the same names after every match moaning and demanding him gone, same on the Williams, Schnerderlin and Martina threads as they are the most relevant topics of angst to those specific fans.

As I've said numerous times if we sign Tierney and Lozano tomorrow I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong about the board and would be thrilled, however at present I find nothing coming from the club positive be it transfers or a lack of news on BMD - that doesn't make me negative that makes me someone who wants to see action from the custodians who continually short change us fans with false hope.

Are people moaning 24 hours a day though mate? The facts are we are in off season with no pre season games as of yet played so naturally 95% of forum talk will be on transfers/the transfer window. Now if your not happy with how the window has gone / with the board then its going to be obvious that the majority of your posts are going to be negative.

If we were in October now I would be too busy commenting on the match thread, player and manager performances etc to care about the window but thats the nature of the beast.

You could point to the Sam Alladyce thread on any EFC forum during the season and see the same names after every match moaning and demanding him gone, same on the Williams, Schnerderlin and Martina threads as they are the most relevant topics of angst to those specific fans.

As I've said numerous times if we sign Tierney and Lozano tomorrow I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong about the board and would be thrilled, however at present I find nothing coming from the club positive be it transfers or a lack of news on BMD - that doesn't make me negative that makes me someone who wants to see action from the custodians who continually short change us fans with false hope.

Do you not get bored of banging on about the same points over and over though?

I don’t mind waiting for transfers as long as their good ones - for the most part the people we have been linked with i would like to see at the club. I hope expectation and reality aren’t too far from one another

Promes linked to Everton

s-l300.jpg

With a midfield three of Siggurson, Klaasen and Vlasic, I`d put money on it.
The suggestion was actually Gana, Sigurdsson and either Klaassen or Vlasic.
Just like we all thought that a midfield 3 of Henderson, Lingard and Alli would get England to a World Cup Semi final....

I am quite calm. We are only maybe a quarter way through clearing away the dross. We need to prioritise three or four ins once we have completed this process. I might not be so calm if we are still in the same position of nobody having been signed and much of the deadwood still here, in a few weeks. But the reality is most of our incomings will come late on in the window is my suspicion. We are taking our time so that we can shift people out and get who we want. Plus save on wages.

Last edited:
Likely destinations for outs?

Mirallas -> Turkey/Greece loan
Williams -> Fulham/Swansea?

Various youth players loaned out.

Can’t see much else happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back