Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you not get bored of banging on about the same points over and over though?

It depends, I get bored seneseless over people posting transer rumours from jarg websites or twitter and think its a waste of time as its jarg but I just scroll over it, I never wanted Martina at LB but the amount of fans attacking the bloke and moaning week in week out online or at the match when it wasnt his fault he was being picked got under my skin but again thats what fan forums are for sometimes to vent frustration about the club along with the debates/positivity.

You have to take the rough with the smooth, if we have a good season most will be happy, if Silva bombs then 90% of the forum posts will be in the Silva and Moshiri threads moaning day in day out. Thats how it is but its not classed as moaning if the majority agree with it. The majority of posters are content with the current Transfer Window so see my posts as negative but come July 31st if we havent made a signing then I could write the same posts and no one would care as they are all of the same disgruntled mindset and it doesnt get highlighted.

Im more than happy to debate on topics just find it tiresome when the usual suspects try discredit you as a supporter because they dont agree with what you say.

We’ll probably get a signing out of the blue, like they just appear without much press talk, wouldn’t surprise me if Marcel keeps signings very quiet and operates very differently to what we’re use to.

Might be a good alternative to Lozano and more realistic. Not sure on him but he has a better goalscoring record than Carrilo and i doubt Bolasie would score many in Russia lol
Is he the same player that was linked to Southampton in the January transfer window?

Varane, the centre half for France, is so similar in physique to Jack Rodwell. Could never understand why we played Rodwell in midfield. If ever a player looked like a centre half playing out of position in midfield it was him.

Are people moaning 24 hours a day though mate? The facts are we are in off season with no pre season games as of yet played so naturally 95% of forum talk will be on transfers/the transfer window. Now if your not happy with how the window has gone / with the board then its going to be obvious that the majority of your posts are going to be negative.

If we were in October now I would be too busy commenting on the match thread, player and manager performances etc to care about the window but thats the nature of the beast.

You could point to the Sam Alladyce thread on any EFC forum during the season and see the same names after every match moaning and demanding him gone, same on the Williams, Schnerderlin and Martina threads as they are the most relevant topics of angst to those specific fans.

As I've said numerous times if we sign Tierney and Lozano tomorrow I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong about the board and would be thrilled, however at present I find nothing coming from the club positive be it transfers or a lack of news on BMD - that doesn't make me negative that makes me someone who wants to see action from the custodians who continually short change us fans with false hope.

Sound mate, moan away, it wont bother me anymore.

Varane, the centre half for France, is so similar in physique to Jack Rodwell. Could never understand why we played Rodwell in midfield. If ever a player looked like a centre half playing out of position in midfield it was him.

Didn’t he used to play centre back for the youth sides? (Rodwell I mean)

Not sure he was tough enough. Always seemed a bit cowardly to me and used to hide from the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back