Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Djimi Traore has a Champions league winning medal, was he a great player?

No but that's not really the point.

I prefer my players to win something. Hinchcliffe was more important to us winning that cup than Traore was for Liverpool winning theirs.

I really like Andy Hinchcliffe ok?

Was just about to post about this, it is starting to get towards "own thread" stage (kiss of death).

When we signed Cenk, I watched some of the Besiktas vids and this guy was utter class and the reason for Cenks success IMO.

Would be a great signing for us,one of the best in a long time imo.

Agreed, but a lot of links with Newcastle which makes me a little sceptical.

remember being a lot more impressed and excited about the klaassen youtube vids, plus the fact he was the captain of ajax and bossing europe. but yeah this bloke looks good sign him up!

Lol at the idea that Galloway kept Baines out of the team for large spells. Only ever when he was injured, same for Oviedo.

Oh and Baines is/was better than Hinchcliffe by a considerable margin.

You're an absolute weirdo pal

The issue about Baines for me (more so than the abundantly clear case that he needs punting due to his inability to defend AND attack now) has always been his attitude to being dropped. He's passive aggressive. He has never liked being challenged for that position and would do just about anything to avoid being demoted.

But this is fundamental for me (and it cant be shouted down or dismissed as bitterness or just being plain wrong): during an Everton match he was a pundit for whilst injured he, as the game is being broadcast, launches into an assault on the way the team is set up and questioned whether our team knew how they were supposed to be playing. It was a scandalous lack of normal diplomacy and an outright attack on the manager.

Sorry, but he lost it that night. Regardless of the manager or players involved, that is something you dont do as a player at a club: stab your boss and team mates in the back in public and on air as the game is ongoing. He underlined what a creepy little get he is with that stunt. Then, of course, he followed that up the following season by briefing local and national hacks on the sly about lack of chemistry and cohesion in the squad.

He is an utter wrong un'.

I cannot wait until he's out the door because he, above all, is the epitome of unprofessionalism and defeatism that's a sickness at the heart of that dressing room. Did he do well for us during Moyes' period in charge? Yes. But so 'kin what. He's about as useful as tits on a bull now and he should be lashed out of Everton this summer.

One of us my arse.

The issue about Baines for me (more so than the abundantly clear case that he needs punting due to his inability to defend AND attack now) has always been his attitude to being dropped. He's passive aggressive. He has never liked being challenged for that position and would do just about anything to avoid being demoted.

But this is fundamental for me (and it cant be shouted down or dismissed as bitterness or just being plain wrong): during an Everton match he was a pundit for whilst injured he, as the game is being broadcast, launches into an assault on the way the team is set up and questioned whether our team knew how they were supposed to be playing. It was a scandalous lack of normal diplomacy and an outright attack on the manager.

Sorry, but he lost it that night. Regardless of the manager or players involved, that is something you dont do as a player at a club: stab your boss and team mates in the back in public and on air as the game is ongoing. He underlined what a creepy little get he is with that stunt. Then, of course, he followed that up the following season by briefing local and national hacks on the sly about lack of chemistry and cohesion in the squad.

He is an utter wrong un'.

I cannot wait until he's out the door because he, above all, is the epitome of unprofessionalism and defeatism that's a sickness at the heart of that dressing room. Did he do well for us during Moyes' period in charge? Yes. But so 'kin what. He's about as useful as tits on a bull now and he should be lashed out of Everton this summer.

One of us my arse.
Let it go mate. In 10 years time Bainsey will be getting presented at half time at Bramley Moore as an Everton legend to raucous , affectionate and well deserved applause.
Martinez on the other hand .........won't.

Was just about to post about this, it is starting to get towards "own thread" stage (kiss of death).

When we signed Cenk, I watched some of the Besiktas vids and this guy was utter class and the reason for Cenks success IMO.

45 on Siggy, 25m on Bolasie etc

The latest 'credible' links, Wilshere or this lad - both frees, the Boca left back for 5m euros

Change in tac from massive over inflated fees and subsequently high wages due to those fees, to trying to use that money to tempt players in terms of signing fees and wages instead.

Just on the surface seems like a different approach, maybe signalling a different bloke deciding targets.

Spent 4 years at Arsenal as well when a teen, so have to factor that he'd not be thrown out by moving to England etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back