Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I haven't forgotten either that in each of those seasons we played way better football than we've played in the last two seasons and reached the later stages of cup competitions.
Losing from winning positions game after game is not good football. Neither is losing against anyone that would park the bus because we couldn’t break them down and would inevitably concede on the break because Martinez didn’t believe in defending. Bottom half finishes are not good enough, and we were getting worse under Martinez not better. You’re infatuation with Martinez is weird, he started the rot at the club by signing a load of dross.

Superb at being a loser.

Only messing, I don't mind him, at times he was really good. I just wish he stood up for himself a bit more. He was far too nice at times.

That's his personality mate and his personality will have played a massive part in him becomeing the player he was. If he had a massive ego he probably would have left for Man U . Baines was awesome and was deffo good enough to play in a prem winning side. I will always remeber him as being the best LB I have ever seen for us

Brilliant for Bainsey that. Free ale forever. Must make up for nothing in the cabinet.

Martinez taught Everton players how to play football again. The fact that we've moved away from doing that in the last two seasons is heightening the feeling that we're lost as a club.

Baines? Yeah, nice free kick Bainsey lad. Tremendous.

Taught us how to play football again? Mate it was boring as to watch... then after the first year it became frustrating to watch a team of players not fit enough to play 90 mins , throw away two goal leads in the last ten mins to lose games.

Brilliant for Bainsey that. Free ale forever. Must make up for nothing in the cabinet.

Martinez taught Everton players how to play football again. The fact that we've moved away from doing that in the last two seasons is heightening the feeling that we're lost as a club.

Baines? Yeah, nice free kick Bainsey lad. Tremendous.
If it was his quotes that got Martinez sacked, then Baines saved us from relegation

No, I haven't forgotten either that in each of those seasons we played way better football than we've played in the last two seasons and reached the later stages of cup competitions.

Take a look behind you Dave. See that fat thing sticking out? You're supposed to be sitting on that, not talking out of it.

Ozyakup eh lads?

Despite how poor we’ve been this season we’re still likely to finish top half. Which is better than what Martinez could do in his final 2 years. Have you forgotten about those games we kept throwing away in injury time?

I don't want to sound like a Roberto Martinez apologist, because i wanted him out as bad as anyone in the end.But in Martinez's last two seasons, we got to the Europa League last 16, and a league cup and FA cup semi final.If Rom showed up we would have won that FA cup semi final.

Okay we didn't win anything, but at least we had something still to play for in the closing stages, of both of Robertos latter two seasons.Our season was not over in early January!Good god Sam Allardyce (i don't mean to sound like @davek here!) a better manager, than the man who gave us champagne football (well in his first season anyway) and recorded our biggest ever premiership points total.Give me a break!Martinez had his flaws as a manager.But with a bit of luck we would have won the FA cup in his last season.

Last edited:
I am not a Martinez fan or apologist but he was 3X the manager the BFS is or will ever be. He suffered from the same stubborn ego but at least his flawed plan wasn’t park the bus and hoofball!
I dont agree at all. Martinez did one thing right, building up attacks. Everything else was a mess. BFS is a much better manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back