Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines wanted to go to United. He was stopped and he had a gob on him from that point.

He'll be regarded as a decent LB when he retires. But he couldn't defend and he didn't win a sausage.

A footnote in Everton's history.
Baines has been on a downward spiral since Moyes left, but before that, he was the best left back in the league by some margin. PFA team of the year proves that.

Back on topic, I look forward to going on the Weasel list for this, but here goes...

Lad I work with has a brother who is an agent - this brother works for the same agency that looks after Calvert-Lewin and Walcott (in fact I think I posted here last summer that we'd been discussing Walcott with them around the time that DCL's contract was renewed).

Anyway, aforementioned colleague is a bit of a blert but now and again he gives a bit of vaguely interesting information (when he isn't being a complete biff). Had reason to speak to him yesterday and he told me that we had been quite active in talking to them about Jamie Vardy and Phil Jones, but he assumes there must be changes afoot as that has now gone completely quiet and his brother was told "we'll catch up again in the summer", which he took to mean that we no longer had any interest

Back on topic, I look forward to going on the Weasel list for this, but here goes...

Lad I work with has a brother who is an agent - this brother works for the same agency that looks after Calvert-Lewin and Walcott (in fact I think I posted here last summer that we'd been discussing Walcott with them around the time that DCL's contract was renewed).

Anyway, aforementioned colleague is a bit of a blert but now and again he gives a bit of vaguely interesting information (when he isn't being a complete biff). Had reason to speak to him yesterday and he told me that we had been quite active in talking to them about Jamie Vardy and Phil Jones, but he assumes there must be changes afoot as that has now gone completely quiet and his brother was told "we'll catch up again in the summer", which he took to mean that we no longer had any interest

I would be farely happy if that was true

When layers start to tank games things get worse and worse. He had to go because of that.

Still head and shoulders above the dross we've had managing us since HK.
I don't disagree

But he had to go when he did. Things weren't gonna improve

w6yRN.gif

Baines wanted to go to United. He was stopped and he had a gob on him from that point.

He'll be regarded as a decent LB when he retires. But he couldn't defend and he didn't win a sausage.

A footnote in Everton's history.

Baines might well of wanted to go to United, what professional wouldn't, best and biggest club in the country and paid a lot more in wages than Everton ever did. No whispers about him going to United, no strikes, transfer requests or threats, just got on with it, to his eternal credit, at the time the best left back in the country. Can not believe the grudge you hold against him. Said my piece not getting in a row with you as you are like a dog with a bone.

Baines might well of wanted to go to United, what professional wouldn't, best and biggest club in the country and paid a lot more in wages than Everton ever did. No whispers about him going to United, no strikes, transfer requests or threats, just got on with it, to his eternal credit, at the time the best left back in the country. Can not believe the grudge you hold against him. Said my piece not getting in a row with you as you are like a dog with a bone.

This, He has respected Everton through out his career and always gave his best. Been a quality player for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back