Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of player is this Italian lad? Just looking at his stats, 208 games, 21 goals, so he’s obviously not a goal scoring midfielder, is he any different to the midfielders we already have at the club? (If the lad can actually move more than 2 yards, then he’s already way better than Schneiderlin)

Basically a Schneiderlin replacement, Italian lad has only 1 year on his contract, so could get him for under £10m, then sell Schneiderlin for £20m to Marsaille

Ye but how many of them will leave, add to that the like of mina will want at least 80-100k if he comes.

Very true bud
Also i forgot Mirallas, Browning, Galloway etc etc
It would be interesting to see how many players wages we may have to be subsidizing who aren't at the club by the time the window shuts

No idea what Digne is like, but from what I’ve read he’s an excellent tackler but not so good going forward. Tony hibbert comes to mind. Is he what we need in the modern game where full backs are so important to give width? I’ve seen a bit of Tierney and despite the obvious step up from the spl, I think he would be excellent. Hope we get him.
He was highly rated prior to moving to Barca and has just never had a chance to get in the team due to injuries and the performances of others.

No idea what Digne is like, but from what I’ve read he’s an excellent tackler but not so good going forward. Tony hibbert comes to mind. Is he what we need in the modern game where full backs are so important to give width? I’ve seen a bit of Tierney and despite the obvious step up from the spl, I think he would be excellent. Hope we get him.

His in a different league to Hibbert mate. I don't think you get to play for PSG & Barca without being able to get forward successfully. He would honestly be a great successor to Baines. In reality Baines is better going forward, but Digne is a lot better defensively.

Shaqiri is unbelievably lazy. Made up he’s going to them. He’ll either be the rotten apple in the cart because his ego won’t take being on the bench, or he’ll be bone idle because he is on the bench and will be completely unmotivated. I can’t imagine him willfully playing this super sub role they all think he’ll do. Would not want him anywhere near Everton, he’d be off with the boys club of Williams Wazza Mirallas Schneiderlin before you knew it.
While I don't think he's going to help them be league contenders, I will say that if there's one thing Klopp's great at, it's getting the whole squad to buy into a mentality and togetherness. It suits their cultish style anyway, but I can see Shaqiri being far from lazy.

I think the thing with Shaqri is, he plays for himself, not the team. That can be described as "lazy", because he is not always going to track back. But he is far from Lazy when the team is going forward or he has a chance to score. He reminds me of Craig Bellamy.

In their team he wont be a starter and that may not suit him, he has struggled at Bayern Munich and Inter Milan, because he wasn't in the starting 11.

From that list you could see selling or loans out if we cannot move some of them on permanently for -
Martina, Galloway, Browning, Pennington, Besic, Williams, Schneiderlin, Klasssen, Sandro, Mirallas, Bolasie and Dowell.

Wouldn’t rule out loans for Robinson or the sale of Jags either, possibly Niasse too but I’d keep him as an impact sub for when we need something different.

We could get rid of every player you listed and not miss any of them.

What an indictment on them and the previous regime.

No wonder we are in a mess

I think the thing with Shaqri is, he plays for himself, not the team. That can be described as "lazy", because he is not always going to track back. But he is far from Lazy when the team is going forward or he has a chance to score. He reminds me of Craig Bellamy.

In their team he wont be a starter and that may not suit him, he has struggled at Bayern Munich and Inter Milan, because he wasn't in the starting 11.

All down to attitude.

But you're not a bad player if you've got Bayern, Inter, and the RS on your CV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back