Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• a6804868aa413be39077a86142f0bb24.webp
    a6804868aa413be39077a86142f0bb24.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 40
King (and some people on here) just follow the age old method of taking any story and saying ‘take with a pinch of salt’ ‘be cautious’ ‘Other priorities’ etc. Knowing full well that if it happens they can still claim stuff moved quicker and if it doesn’t they look some sage know it all.

None of them have a clue, no one called Funes Mori leaving, no one. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if a deal for Malcolm was announced today, wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t hear his name again this summer with Everton, because no one outside of Everton know what is going on.

The drawbridge came up on leaks from Everton a couple of seasons ago and it’s not been lowered since. There are no more true ITKs.
did anyone even report Funes Mori leaving? I don't recall journo saying it.

Sounds feasible , but adding 8.8 mil for the loan plus massive wages suggests differently.
They will be well aware ACMilan just got a 2 yr european ban .With Inter being on a last warning dont think they would want to loose their Champions Lge money.
But we'll see.

They have already spent almost £70 million this window, and want rid of a few players.

Selling Perisic and Candreva, and replacimg with Malcom (loan) & Politano (loan) brings in massive funds, and possibley balances them out talent-wise.

Then with the CL money next year excercise those purchase options of the loan lads.

They also made a massive offer for Chiesa, so they are in the market for young exciting wingers.

Joyce, Bascombe and Hunter get info from the club.

King gets his info from the same people. Whether he gets 'as much' info is up for debate.

Since Brands has come in, that could be different, but if the club want something out there, it's still the same press team and they will still use the same people.
Do they stil? Even Joyce has said Tierney was our top target. And since has changed to another left back, Digne.

I'd have Welbeck for sure over the trendy foreigners who will go elsewhere anyways. He's a solid PL performer and we currently do not have many of them, we are not a destination club for top talent, I would rather we go for realistic targets than pie in the sky nonsense. We need to make steady progress, better league position, EL qualification (then CL), decent cup runs, progressive football style, promote youth etc. We cannot get there straight away so will not always attract "top" talent so as a fanbase we need to be patient, accept so called "lesser" players are needed to move forward. We seem fixated with our league position, I would be happy to see better football even if we don't improve our league position, last years PL standard (outside top 5/6) was awful so maybe our final league position was a bit misleading.
Looking forward to this season and have accepted that we will probably still have most of the deadwood here and no "star" signings.

King (and some people on here) just follow the age old method of taking any story and saying ‘take with a pinch of salt’ ‘be cautious’ ‘Other priorities’ etc. Knowing full well that if it happens they can still claim stuff moved quicker and if it doesn’t they look some sage know it all.

None of them have a clue, no one called Funes Mori leaving, no one. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if a deal for Malcolm was announced today, wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t hear his name again this summer with Everton, because no one outside of Everton know what is going on.

The drawbridge came up on leaks from Everton a couple of seasons ago and it’s not been lowered since. There are no more true ITKs.

Brands looks very clinical to me. I think he knows if he waits around on a decision we could easily lose out, to either sides above us or those in and around us. We have known for some time clubs like Newcastle/West Ham have historically often waited to see who we targeted and then made their own move for them.

So far he looks to move quickly, whether it's going for a player or walking away from the deal. Tierney we were in for him then quite quickly we felt the fee wasn't right. I don't think he will entertain endless rounds of negotiation.

This will be difficult to some degree, as without doubt European teams clearly look to add on a Premier League tax to deals. I don't think Brands will feel comfortable paying it, and will walk away. It's a risky strategy and we may end up with no players, or it may work out.

There has clearly been a clamping down in information though. That suits me fine. I think when information gets leaked it ends up just stressing people out and it's hard not to get caught up in it.

I'd have Welbeck for sure over the trendy foreigners who will go elsewhere anyways. He's a solid PL performer and we currently do not have many of them, we are not a destination club for top talent, I would rather we go for realistic targets than pie in the sky nonsense. We need to make steady progress, better league position, EL qualification (then CL), decent cup runs, progressive football style, promote youth etc. We cannot get there straight away so will not always attract "top" talent so as a fanbase we need to be patient, accept so called "lesser" players are needed to move forward. We seem fixated with our league position, I would be happy to see better football even if we don't improve our league position, last years PL standard (outside top 5/6) was awful so maybe our final league position was a bit misleading.
Looking forward to this season and have accepted that we will probably still have most of the deadwood here and no "star" signings.
Injury prone, 28 soon. Will probably want 100k a week. No chance of a sell on. We could be stuck with another injured player, we can’t get rid of in a couple of seasons.

Doesn’t fit Brands’s philosophy. So I would be amazed

Never hit double figures in a single season of PL, only got over 10 goals (incl cup games) 3 times in his career, plays like an English Bolasie, injury prone and on a bucket load

But yeah, let’s sign him up and add more garbage to our ever grown contingent of crap

They have already spent almost £70 million this window, and want rid of a few players.

Selling Perisic and Candreva, and replacimg with Malcom (loan) & Politano (loan) brings in massive funds, and possibley balances them out talent-wise.

Then with the CL money next year excercise those purchase options of the loan lads.

They also made a massive offer for Chiesa, so they are in the market for young exciting wingers.
As I said we'll see.

They are not deadwood though until the manager deems them to be deadwood.

Nobody in the squad is inherently a bad player (maybe Cuco...) so Silva may be able to get something out of the "deadwood" that previous managers were not able to.

I think it is important for the club, both its fan base and its staff, to be patient here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back