Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Moshiri bought a 49.9% stake in Everton in February 2016 these have been the incomings and outgoings

16/17 - spent 77 mil, brought in 54 mil mainly from the sale of Stones - net spend of about 22.5 mil
17/18 - spent around 183 mil, brought in around 114 mil from the sales of Lukaku and Barkley - net spend of about 69 mil
18/19 so far - not spent any money yet, brought in around 9 mil from the sale of Mori and Loan of Onyekuru

so in total during his reign we have net spent 82.5 mil

an average of around 40 mil for each full season he has been owner not taking into account this season yet as the window is still open

now that might sounds brilliant, woopee a net spend of 80 mil but I will probably bet you a bottom dollar that on top of the sales of of Lukaku, Stones and Barkley we brought in nearly 200 mil from tv revenue, sponsorships, league finish prize money, European football prize money and domestic cups prize money.

So where has that 120 mil gone? You can't say its all been spent on wages or on facilities or on other things because operating costs should not have a massive influence on the signing of players and are surely not 120 mil over 2 seasons

even if they are 120 mil over 2 seasons that just means he's not spent any money out of his own pocket!!

now I know that there is no point comparing us to Liverpool given that they are a much bigger club than us right now and will have more money coming in than us, but they are still our rivals.

In the same period of time, since 2016, Liverpool have a net spend of around 102 mil and are about to spend another 66 million on a goalkeeper this is even after selling coutinho for over 100 mil.

Can see a close battle for the title between those two. City have only signed one player, they haven’t grabbed anywhere near enough attention to be serious contenders.
mahrez is some player though, player of the season only a few years ago

I can only see them try and get a marquee signing like mbappe

they don't need lots of players they just need a world class talent so are more than likely to spend like 150 mil on someone like an mbappe or neymar rather than buy 3 or 4 players at 50 mil a piece

Since Moshiri bought a 49.9% stake in Everton in February 2016 these have been the incomings and outgoings

16/17 - spent 77 mil, brought in 54 mil mainly from the sale of Stones - net spend of about 22.5 mil
17/18 - spent around 183 mil, brought in around 114 mil from the sales of Lukaku and Barkley - net spend of about 69 mil
18/19 so far - not spent any money yet, brought in around 9 mil from the sale of Mori and Loan of Onyekuru

so in total during his reign we have net spent 82.5 mil

an average of around 40 mil for each full season he has been owner not taking into account this season yet as the window is still open

now that might sounds brilliant, woopee a net spend of 80 mil but I will probably bet you a bottom dollar that on top of the sales of of Lukaku, Stones and Barkley we brought in nearly 200 mil from tv revenue, sponsorships, league finish prize money, European football prize money and domestic cups prize money.

So where has that 120 mil gone? You can't say its all been spent on wages or on facilities or on other things because operating costs should not have a massive influence on the signing of players and are surely not 120 mil over 2 seasons

even if they are 120 mil over 2 seasons that just means he's not spent any money out of his own pocket!!

now I know that there is no point comparing us to Liverpool given that they are a much bigger club than us right now and will have more money coming in than us, but they are still our rivals.

In the same period of time, since 2016, Liverpool have a net spend of around 102 mil and are about to spend another 66 million on a goalkeeper this is even after selling coutinho for over 100 mil.

These new players do not play for free.

Wages, big wages and existing players getting a boost to their wages as well. It does add up and I dont think a lot of people realize just how much of a difference it can make.

Also we still pay ex managers wages (this is not a rare thing, most clubs do).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back