Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we bring in a striker it should be a starting player to replace Tosun, what’s the point in bringing in a replacement sub

Agree here. The combination of Tosun, DCL and Oumar are likely ok (for now) if the club improves elsewhere, but none are established as top-billing finishers in the prem yet and I don't see how adding another in the same category (like Welbeck) helps. The only exception for me is a young and inexperienced striker who could reasonably be expected to supplant all others within a season or two.

Yes but, sources are judged by what they get right, his record suggests hes hardly ever right.

To be fair goat, i have looked further back on his tweets and i agree, his hit rate is not great, i even posted a few examples to show (Kante to Barca, was well known as complete fabrication).
I think i just wanted to believe the Malcom stuff, i was finding ways of trying to trust "Sky sources"
Bad news Echo has killed that for me

To be fair goat, i have looked further back on his tweets and i agree, his hit rate is not great, i even posted a few examples to show (Kante to Barca, was well known as complete fabrication).
I think i just wanted to believe the Malcom stuff, i was finding ways of trying to trust "Sky sources"
Bad news Echo has killed that for me

We all wanted to believe.

Brands was really clear when he came in about how this window would go down. First priority was to assess what we have. Second priority was moving players out and getting the squad to a sensible size. Third priority is hopefully adding a small number of carefully targeted players.

A combination of high wages, age, injury is making certain high paid players very hard to shift & that in turn limits our flexibility to add. We are also targeting players that are harder to access/more in demand rather than other clubs versions of the rubbish we are trying to offload. We just have to wait it out & see what Brands can do but this window is necessarily a hard grind.

Everton are like a popular girl who doesn't really want to commit. She flirts with lots of guys, leads them on, but in the end turns out to not be interested in them. Rinse and repeat.

It was nice.

I feel we’ve moved on slightly from the ‘poised to make a move’ Tierney lie, to the ‘in advanced talks’ Malcom talk.

I mean we’ve literally still not signed anyone. But we’re going in the right direction.
WE did everything we could, but he just didnt want to come... thats the next stage... followed by failed medical, or the classic, i thought that was my wages AFTER tax!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back