Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine someone actually paying 70m for Zaha, the greedy little mutation would have to actually pass the ball to friendlies in a better team.

I think he only wants to go to spurs really, because they are champions league and in London. But they won’t pay that for him, so Palace are trying to use us to get spurs to bid.

It’s like what Bordeaux have just done with Malcolm

Holgate is a good player. Not perfect, good. I think people need to accept this about our players that some aren't the finished article and need time and support to improve. There's plenty of players who deserve your venom but those players do not include: Kenny, Holgate, Davies or Calvert-Lewin.

Holgate was good in a back three and the next step is to step up as part of a pair. If we get Mina then Holgate and Keane will need to up their game because they'll both be playing for the same position. Actual competition.

..if Sandro leaves I suspect it will be a ‘nominal fee’ meaning the buying club will give him a large signing fee and pay us virtually nothing. Even then, we will probably need to give him a sweetener. We’ll have to take a massive ‘hit’ on Klaassen to move him on a permanent. I suspect the best chance will be a loan deal.

Can’t blame the players.

From an arm's length it's actually quite interesting, seeing how teams measure player value, and how that varies by team and league, and how teams treat sunk cost vs ongoing costs (previous transfer fees vs wages). Honestly, I think it's really smart to look at wages as a real cost and almost entirely disregard transfer fees, at least for low-demand outgoings, but perception plays a role as well.

*That's all assuming we know what the demand for these players actually is... for all we know there may be several teams have contacted about player XYZ, and we're waiting for a domino or two to fall.

**Probably though, we're stuck with these lardasses, and we'll "go with what we've got"

Mina's agent (his uncle) now confirming talks are ongoing with Brands.

Attachments

• 7FF6A44F-ACA0-4C6A-BE87-DE7BEEE6D5B9.webp
    7FF6A44F-ACA0-4C6A-BE87-DE7BEEE6D5B9.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 278

Not really, sorry. Didn't attack much and not even sure he tracked runs / crosses as well as Kenny.

like I said was purely judging him on his defensive qualities

seem to remember a few good defensive performances but it has been pointed out to me that attack is just as important for modern fullbacks

Not being in Europe is killing us with attracting certain players. It'll take at least a season to sort out the mess if a squad we have before we challenge for Europe and begin to attack decent ballers unless Brands pulls a few rabbits out of hats.

a 21 year old center back is still adjusting to the tactics of a top league? Say it ain't so.
Not sure what your point is exactly? Yes he’s young and I experienced and will get better but I’m pretty sure what wasn’t the topic, the topic was whos our best defender now?

Not being in Europe is killing us with attracting certain players. It'll take at least a season to sort out the mess if a squad we have before we challenge for Europe and begin to attack decent ballers unless Brands pulls a few rabbits out of hats.

Nah. They get the benefit of selling a vision since they are new. If you don't start delivering, that's when it gets difficult to attract players.

Being in Europe killed us last season. Catch22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back