Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have spent it

If we can afford to splurge on Richarlison we could have afforded to use that money on Tierney instead and either loaned another winger or gotten one who cost less from elsewhere. It's not a priority position. Left back is

I think we do need a winger, and we still have Baines.

Digne is cracking alternative mate. No guarentee that Tierney will ever be as good as him really.

I just think we have a list Mikey, we go down the list, it appears as tho KT was top of the list for LBs, Celtic got greedy, he turned us down, who knows, for some reason we moved on, I dont think its cos Digne was cheaper personally, I mean you say hes cheaper, but I would imagine his wage demands, after playing for PSG and Barca, will make KTs seem small, so is it REALLY cheaper?

He wasn't a superstar at those clubs though was he? I'd never even heard of him until now

Let's face it, if you're on the books for a European powerhouse like those two teams then Everton is a step down, so he's probably moving because he HAS to, not because he WANTS to, so I doubt he has much bargaining power to get himself a fancy wage. The difference would be negligible

Tierney would be coming here because it'd be his next stop on his way to an elite side. We'd have him for 2-3 years and would then sell him for silly money, like we did with Lukaku and Stones

You can get better value in other markets than we are paying for PL players, slightly surprised Brands isn't going down this route yet, but maybe he knows we only need first teaners this window and the less pricey gems will come next. The problem is convincing even the 25-30m type buys from abroad (its not always so easy )to come here with no Europe.

Im not disagreeing with you Mikey, you would rather we do 1 thing, Brands and Silva would rather we did something else, me I would probably do something different again, it doesnt make you wrong, Brands wrong, its just different people with different ideas. For me theres something not right with the whole KT thing, we went in hard, then just limped out like a lil bish, very strange to me.

And to add, I think we will still sign a CB and LB.
What do you mean by that mate, whats your thinking?

I just mean he either binned us off or Celtics demands were just vulgar to us.
Yeah, thought you meant that, I think he's had better offers tbh. Few rumours about Spurs and United interest and when the story came out about us being interested I felt like it was an agent leak. That's not to say we weren't interested, just think we never were an option for him.

On the Digne vs KT thing...

Its not as simple as "why didnt we just pay a little more for KT?". I am on top of the KT bandwagon, from what I can tell hes going to be a fantastic player in the future. However, as we learned last offseason and apparently have ALREADY forgotten about, its not just about the fee, its about wages as well. If we can get Digne for 22 million and 65k per week, and KT would have cost 30 million, but going up to 140k a week as was reported, then in reality over 3 years its 45-52 million for KT, and 32 million for Digne. Thats saving up to an average of 7 million per year. Obviously moot if hes not any good, but if hes close to Tierneys level thats money that can be spent on other areas of the squad.

Digne's wages appear as though they will be much less, and as we learned with Sandro, thats a big part of the equation that often gets overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back