Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
£25m would get Tierney and I am convinced he is class.

Not signing VVD from Celtic was a major mistake.

Signing Seamus from Sligo Rovers was brilliant.

Roy Keane was signed by Clough from Cobh Ramblers and he said at the time it has been a long time since I have been as impressed by a young player or words to that effect. He saw the quality.

Join the dots....there are some serious talents available that are not necessarily playing in "sexy" and highest profile leagues. That does not diminish their ability. We need to stop splurging wads on names just because they play for a high profile club or in a high profile league.

Have we definitely moved on from KT?

I will mostly mate

I'll have a vaulting spree when the time is right, but that should be all

I wish to state for the sake of the vaults, I was all for bringing the boy in, never watched him play, but every single person that has says hes a talent.

£25m would get Tierney and I am convinced he is class.

Not signing VVD from Celtic was a major mistake.

Signing Seamus from Sligo Rovers was brilliant.

Roy Keane was signed by Clough from Cobh Ramblers and he said at the time it has been a long time since I have been as impressed by a young player or words to that effect. He saw the quality.

Join the dots....there are some serious talents available that are not necessarily playing in "sexy" and highest profile leagues. That does not diminish their ability. We need to stop splurging wads on names just because they play for a high profile club or in a high profile league.

I said mate, there are talented players in most leagues, not signing VVD was a mistake, not signing KT may proof to be a mistake, not signing Moutinho was the biggest mistake this club has ever made. Not paying an extra few million for Hazard, paying 27m for Bolaise. Mistakes have been made.

But nobody can say for sure that we made a mistake not signing KT, there must be a reason he went from being Silvas number 1 target to us moving on quite rapidly.

No one will convince me that spunking £50m on Richarlison is a good investment.

Richarlison gave up half way through last season, surely his attitude is also suspect?

Cause he's not been played under utter footballing dinosaurs. He could very easily play a lot more next season under Silva.

No and NO!

I get it, your a glass is half empty kind of chap. Thats your call.

But, its only £50 million if he is a massive success....kind of speaks for itself. Around £35 mill is what we will aparently pal. For a 21 year old exciting player.

£15 million for a 25 year old french international.

And maybe £20 million of one of the best centre backs at the world cup.

That is good investment imo.

Booooo

I wish to state for the sake of the vaults, I was all for bringing the boy in, never watched him play, but every single person that has says hes a talent.

I said mate, there are talented players in most leagues, not signing VVD was a mistake, not signing KT may proof to be a mistake, not signing Moutinho was the biggest mistake this club has ever made. Not paying an extra few million for Hazard, paying 27m for Bolaise. Mistakes have been made.

But nobody can say for sure that we made a mistake not signing KT, there must be a reason he went from being Silvas number 1 target to us moving on quite rapidly.

We're spending loads of money on Richarlison and Digne is cheaper

That's the reason

We could have paid Celtic 30 Million, which was what they wanted, and then given Lookman a better contract to make him stay

Wouldn't have even needed to buy Richarlison and we'd have a world class left back in a year or two

Didn't happen though, so we move on

Who says that the Tierney deal won't still be a possibility mate, not a single person s day ago thought we'd have the remotest chance of this lad...

should have bought him just to wind the Celtic fans up

why didnt we spend 30m on KT and buy a LW for 35m,

My question exactly

Instead we're buying a winger for 40 million and are now getting in a left back for roughly 20 million

As you say, we could have bought Tierney at 30 and then a winger at 30-35

Or better still, we could have just offered Lookman a better contract in an effort to get him to stay and then bought Tierney for 30m plus a centre back for 30-35m, which are two positions we have greater need to fill

We never needed a winger during this window. It's a nice to have. LB and CB are need to have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back