Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ok saying who else 50m could buy you but the issue is more about convincing players of that level to come, we have no Europe it does look like we are over paying for the Braziliian kid but he wants to come and we know he will suit Silva's system. In terms of Mina there are other defenders out there, maybe get two done then see what CB we can secure.

I'll remember this post mate when Tierney is tearing it up at a top club, because it's going to happen

You can either accept how good he's going to be now or look a fool in a couple of years

Up to you

As good as you told us Griffiths was?
I’m prepared to be vaulted...hopefully you are when Richarlison rips it up for us.

A proven top drawer center forward is gonna cost more than £50 mil.

The fee is more like £35 mil with add ons that could reach £50 mil. Of that £35 mil probably 5 to 10 mil is to squash the Silva tapping up thing.

Goal scorers are worth their weight in gold mate I would rather spend £60-70 million on a 20-25 goal a season forward than spend £40-50 million on a good but equally largely potential winger.

We definitely needed a LM coming in with Bolasie firing out of a cannon and he is a decent addition but realistically if he is to be our biggest signing then its slightly underwhelming imo when our striking options are Tosun, DCL & super sub Niasse.

As good as you told us Griffiths was?
I’m prepared to be vaulted...hopefully you are when Richarlison rips it up for us.

Or like Van Dijk mate? Said we should have signed him when he was at Celtic. Everyone laughed. Saints ended up selling him for a small fortune. Turns out everyone else looked stupid, as you will when Tierney makes it big. I won't forget mate, don't you worry

As for Richarlison, I've never said he was a bad player mate

Know next to nothing about him truth be told

I'm just annoyed we're paying so much for him when we could have used that money to buy Tierney, who plays in a position we need to fill more importantly than on the wing and is going to be a world class player in that position. We already have plenty of wing options. That position wasn't a priority and we have limited money to spend, so I'd rather we'd given Celtic what they wanted and bought Tierney. Richarlison will have my full support and I hope he smashes it. I'm sure he'll do just fine, but he's not what we needed right now

Goal scorers are worth their weight in gold mate I would rather spend £60-70 million on a 20-25 goal a season forward than spend £40-50 million on a good but equally largely potential winger.

We definitely needed a LM coming in with Bolasie firing out of a cannon and he is a decent addition but realistically if he is to be our biggest signing then its slightly underwhelming imo when our striking options are Tosun, DCL & super sub Niasse.

I would be shocked if we spent a dime on a striker before January. We just spent £47 mil on Tosun and Walcott in Jan to improve our attack. I think what we have up front will be given every chance to prove themselves under Silva.

Or like Van Dijk mate? Said we should have signed him when he was at Celtic. Everyone laughed. Saints ended up selling him for a small fortune. Turns out everyone else looked stupid, as you will when Tierney makes it big. I won't forget mate, don't you worry

As for Richarlison, I've never said he was a bad player mate

Know next to nothing about him truth be told

I'm just annoyed we're paying so much for him when we could have used that money to buy Tierney, who plays in a position we need to fill more importantly than on the wing and is going to be a world class player in that position. We already have plenty of wing options. That position wasn't a priority and we have limited money to spend, so I'd rather we'd given Celtic what they wanted and bought Tierney. Richarlison will have my full support and I hope he smashes it. I'm sure he'll do just fine, but he's not what we needed right now

To be honest Mikey you cant compare VVD to Tierney, 2 different players.

I mean VVD and Wanyana, its not like the SPL is a breeding ground for talent, now and again talented players will play there, just like every league in the world.

It seems tho we really tried for Tierney, we couldnt get it done, I know your saying we should have given Celtic the 50m and you might be right about KT, who knows, certainly not me, but you cant say why didnt we sign KT instead of Richarlson, for 1 thing they dont even play in the same position.

It looks like we think the Digne deal is a better 1 to make, time will judge it Mikey, I honestly hope your wrong about KT, not to be nasty, but you know.

To be honest Mikey you cant compare VVD to Tierney, 2 different players.

I mean VVD and Wanyana, its not like the SPL is a breeding ground for talent, now and again talented players will play there, just like every league in the world.

It seems tho we really tried for Tierney, we couldnt get it done, I know your saying we should have given Celtic the 50m and you might be right about KT, who knows, certainly not me, but you cant say why didnt we sign KT instead of Richarlson, for 1 thing they dont even play in the same position.

It looks like we think the Digne deal is a better 1 to make, time will judge it Mikey, I honestly hope your wrong about KT, not to be nasty, but you know.

We could have paid Celtic 30 Million, which was what they wanted, and then given Lookman a better contract to make him stay

Wouldn't have even needed to buy Richarlison and we'd have a world class left back in a year or two

Didn't happen though, so we move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back