Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van dijk is top quality. Can't deny that

I can. I just don't see it, he's big, that's all he has going for him. Watch the goals the RS concede this season, he's never anywhere near the goalscorer, yet when the RS score he's one of the first their celebrating. He does this great act by making himself seen a lot which masks all his faults.

We don’t mean to moan but this money has been a long time coming and we are spending it on mediocrity and unproven players, it’s so sad to see and we clearly have not learnt from past Windows.

Agree. Is Windows 10 really that much of improvement over Windows XP? I think not.

I would be shocked if we spent a dime on a striker before January. We just spent £47 mil on Tosun and Walcott in Jan to improve our attack. I think what we have up front will be given every chance to prove themselves under Silva.

I agree I never thought we would target a centre forward this window, I just dont have confidence in Tosun and DCL to fire us into europe!

To be honest Mikey you cant compare VVD to Tierney, 2 different players.

I mean VVD and Wanyana, its not like the SPL is a breeding ground for talent, now and again talented players will play there, just like every league in the world.

It seems tho we really tried for Tierney, we couldnt get it done, I know your saying we should have given Celtic the 50m and you might be right about KT, who knows, certainly not me, but you cant say why didnt we sign KT instead of Richarlson, for 1 thing they dont even play in the same position.

It looks like we think the Digne deal is a better 1 to make, time will judge it Mikey, I honestly hope your wrong about KT, not to be nasty, but you know.

£25m would get Tierney and I am convinced he is class.

Not signing VVD from Celtic was a major mistake.

Signing Seamus from Sligo Rovers was brilliant.

Roy Keane was signed by Clough from Cobh Ramblers and he said at the time it has been a long time since I have been as impressed by a young player or words to that effect. He saw the quality.

Join the dots....there are some serious talents available that are not necessarily playing in "sexy" and highest profile leagues. That does not diminish their ability. We need to stop splurging wads on names just because they play for a high profile club or in a high profile league.

Dont agree, we look to be investing the money in good areas.

Lookmans attitude seems to be questionable.

He may well end up a very good player, but he has not done it for us, and wants to leave

Sell him and move on.

No one will convince me that spunking £50m on Richarlison is a good investment.

Richarlison gave up half way through last season, surely his attitude is also suspect?

Cause he's not been played under utter footballing dinosaurs. He could very easily play a lot more next season under Silva.

No and NO!

Pretty much everyone above that I left in there, although some wouldn't be cheap and they might be close. I'm sure I missed one or two. Would you take any of those guys above over Richarlison?

so im going to rule the keepers out, no need to replace pickford
i will also rule pavard out believe that he is going bayern
i believe kante would be more than 50 mil, prob 100 mil so will rule him out
will also rule out tolisso, matuidi, giroud, vrsaljko and mandzukic as unrealistic
in terms of potential i like the look of kimpembe, sidibe, hernandez, brozovic and rebic

hernandez prob won't leave madrid for us despite being backup to marcelo but i was impressed by rebic

Reckon digne will surprise a few people. He's good going forward. Just might need a bit of coaching going the other way, which imo is easier. Silva seems pedantic enough for the Job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back