Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always make the mistake of just having one main option in each position and a bang average back up usually, see last year with Baines getting injured and Rom being sold our backups were average. Selling Lookman would make getting Richarilson one step forward and one step back I see Bolasie/Mirallas going too, that would leave us with very little depth.

I'm too lazy to look it up but I believe Digne was the starter at LB for the Roma squad that came 2nd in Serie A and accumulated the most league points in their history.

I think it's mad that we're seemingly falling into the same trap of thinking that it's worth paying vastly inflated prices to sign players who have premier league experience.

Are we only paying 50m to get him out of there because his true value is probably 25-30m. I doubt he would cost 50 to any other club somehow

Clearly this team needs some emergency treatment and that means players who are more experienced and likely to find their form quickly. We also have our own youngsters to assess, the likes of Dowell, Connolly and Robinson for instance.

As I posted a while ago, Preston really want to sign Connolly permanently and will move forward with the deal should Silva/Everton decide to make him available after pre-season assessment.

We've also agreed a deal in principle to sign Fraser Hornby on loan, but our first choice for that signing (target man) is Kieffer Moore from Barnsley on a permanent ideally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back