Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
They money they made getting to the final and selling Coutihno covers a lot of it.
And if needs be they have a lot of very sellable high valued players

Yeah but their squad depth is really poor, they've bulked it up this summer, now but if they had to sell a few. Anyway, they're lucky so nothing bad would ever happen to them.

He is that good, Utd barely played him and were happy to let him go. Unfortunately, mentality is part of the game - can you really teach it ?
I dont know, he's shown what he's capable of, the question is if we're able to get that out of him. The player he was during most of last season wasnt even a shadow of himself just a few months earlier.

Gamble £40M to £50M on a player hoping he makes the club £60 to £70M down the line?

I've nothing against him, I just dont see a player with his low-yield in terms of goals and assists as value at this price. He's just not.

Hand Celtic the extra cash they want for Tierney and let's at least do one thing right this summer.
Or we start to do what other bigger clubs do and start to not always worry about a resale value? I do think it steep what we are paying but the market is mental nowadays and if he does the business on the pitch then who really cares as that’s what is the most important.

I dont know, he's shown what he's capable of, the question is if we're able to get that out of him. The player he was during most of last season wasnt even a shadow of himself just a few months earlier.

Too lazy to check, but was this just because we still had Lukaku and teams were pushed back.

Think about it if Tosun pulls a hammy. Then what? We have 1 striker people! 1! I like Niasse but would you bet your job on the guy?
BTW I’m not saying we don’t need any other positions .. but we can’t do a full team overhaul in one go. We can get to CB next season along with CM if none of Schneiderlin, Davies, Besic or Bennie show up.
I reckon Richarlison is going to be seen upfront a bit. Maybe. I don’t know.
There’s DCL too. He’s not perfect but as a 3rd choice CF he’s fine.

Or we start to do what other bigger clubs do and start to not always worry about a resale value? I do think it steep what we are paying but the market is mental nowadays and if he does the business on the pitch then who really cares as that’s what is the most important.
...which is how we have the likes of Siggurdson and Klaassen on our hands. Unshift-able dead weights sucking the life out of the wages column.

...which is how we have the likes of Siggurdson and Klaassen on our hands. Unshift-able dead weights sucking the life out of the wages column.
Hardly say we paid loads for Klaassen and we should have just never bought hm in the first place. Siggy is decent though so don’t really see the problem in him.

Hardly say we paid loads for Klaassen and we should have just never bought hm in the first place. Siggy is decent though so don’t really see the problem in him.

Putting Klaasen and Siggy in the same bracket is certainly daft. They are both quite fair-skinned, i think that is about it.

There's no resale value in either and if we did want shut no club would be looking to match the wages paid to them. They were salutary lessons in how not to do business. Now we'll repeat that with Richarlison if we're not too careful.

There's no resale value in either and if we did want shut no club would be looking to match the wages paid to them. They were salutary lessons in how not to do business. Now we'll repeat that with Richarlison if we're not too careful.
But this was my point we shouldn’t just be looking for players we can resell for a profit all the time. We want to make the jump to the next level and you don’t see teams above us always buying to resell them. They buy players to fit their system and be important on the pitch for them. Klaasen just never should have never been bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back