Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is it's ok saying who you could get with 50 mill, but it's more a case of who would be willing to come in that bracket.

Richarlison is a know player to Silva, the left wing is an area of concern. We’ve no doubt paid higher than we could have done, but the team has improved if he comes. If we have to spend over the odds this window it’s sadly because as you say we are unattractive to prospects.

Hopefully we make enough progression on the pitch to get signings over the line next season, but then it may take longer as it’s clearly not going to happen over night.

The Richarlison deal isn’t perfect, we are strengthening Watford potentially (if they can spend the money well), but we aren’t in a position to attract players so we have to accept this deal.

Richarlison for £35m, Digne for max £22m, Mina and RLC would represent a very good window if it all comes off. That’s 4 starters straight in to key positions. Only problem is it leaves Schneiderfraud in the starting XI, but I suppose I can try getting behind him one last time.

Max Meyer is available on a free. Good solid midfielder who can cover a couple of positions in the midfield. Should make a move for him, doesn’t work out can always sell him.

We could have paid Celtic 30 Million, which was what they wanted, and then given Lookman a better contract to make him stay

Wouldn't have even needed to buy Richarlison and we'd have a world class left back in a year or two

Didn't happen though, so we move on

We need to let Lookman grow, I’d be highly sceptical of him being our first team choice and no backup given he needs to grow in so many areas to achieve his potential.

Having Richarlison could mean we see Lookman feature as backup and provide him the option of being utilitised as a 10. or RW.

Left back, as important a position as it is won’t be an area we improve the team upgrading alone. I personally feel the purchase of Richarlison to be just that.

Richarlison for £35m, Digne for max £22m, Mina and RLC would represent a very good window if it all comes off. That’s 4 starters straight in to key positions. Only problem is it leaves Schneiderfraud in the starting XI, but I suppose I can try getting behind him one last time.

Wouldn't need Schneiderlin if we signed RLC

Gana would be his natural partner in the middle

I think they'd work marvellouslly together

Richarlison, Digne/Tierney and a starting centre back would be a successful window, Loftus-Cheek on loan would also be welcome. It Easily puts us back as best of the rest and if Marco can get them playing, a bit of luck and a few bigger teams have bad seasons I reckon we could sneak 6th. I think anything above 6th is a pretty big ask right now but would be a welcome bonus.

I will be cursing this new season optimism when Burnley’s Chris wood slots the fourth in a 4-0 win on Boxing Day and we lie in 17th. Everton that.

...after the midweek draw with Bury, Marco Silva said he was confident his main targets would start to arrive within days. Here’s what this morning’s rumour columns are saying about the Toffees this Saturday morning;

- Last evening the Mail broke news that Everton were close to completing the £50m transfer of 21 year old Brazilian winger, Richarlison, from Watford. It is reported this morning that Marcel Brands is a big fan of the player and regretted not signing him for PSV, but it was Marco Silva who took the player to Watford for £13m and was the deciding factor in forcing the move.

- The Mirror and other outlets say Everton have made a bid for Barcelona Left Back, Lucas Digne. Depending on which story you read, the fee is quoted as £14m to €25m.

- Goal.com quote 26 year old German Left Back Marvin Plattenhardt as saying he’s happy at Hertha Berlin and is not pushing for a move amidst links with Everton.

- 4th Official pick up on Everton interest in 27 year old Arsenal striker, Danny Welbeck and Boca Junior’s Columbian international, Wilmar Barrios.

- The Liverpool Echo continue to suggest Everton made no enquiry for Bordeaux’s 21 year old Brazilian winger, Malcom. Sky Sports report Roma have bid £31.3m for the player.

- Barca Blaugranes weblog quote the agent of Barcelona Centre Back, Yerry Mina, saying he has been in contact with Everton’s Sporting Director, Marcel Brands.

- According to A Bola, Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool are watching Porto’s 19 year old defender, Diogo Leite.
If we could get digne, Mina and even barrios over the line but leave him where he is till December and a loan for RLC then for me it’s been one hell of a window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back