Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
...i’d never heard of him either until we were linked.

Be interesting if we are genuinely interested in Tierney or if it is paper talk. Regardless, I hope the consideration is as much about who would link better with Richarlison as it is about money. Digne looks classy on the ball (from the clips i’ve seen). I don’t see Richarlison as the same link player as Pienaar, it will be more about him getting at defenders and exploiting space behind the opposition back four.

I agree Tierney seems a more progressive signing, but who combines best with the wide man and the plans and for a back four is a key consideration. It’s about the playing strategy.

I think genuinely both players are high enough quality to fit the system mate.

I think genuinely both players are high enough quality to fit the system mate.

..I suspect that’s right, Ste. I was reading some of Barcelona fans comments re Digne, the gist was they thought he was a solid defender but didn’t offer much in the attacking third. Interesting. I think Digne has filled in at CB but Tierney also looks a good size.

That's a crappy thing to say mate

At least I'm being honest and not being a football hipster who pretends to know every foreign footballer ever. Didn't go to the World Cup did he, so the last time I realistically could have seen him was the Euros. Two years is an eternity in football and, to be honest, I don't remember him from then either

I bet there's plenty of French internationals you wouldn't know, but then you wouldn't admit that because you like acting superior

Come on mate, lets not be all prescious now, we are men chattin about footy.

People often moan about us not going to Europe for better value....thats what we are doing now.

Ya scottish football hipster you....

..I suspect that’s right, Ste. I was reading some of Barcelona fans comments re Digne, the gist was they thought he was a solid defender but didn’t offer much in the attacking third. Interesting. I think Digne has filled in at CB but Tierney also looks a good size.

Tierney has played a fair few games at CB also, my guess is we are looking at left backs who are able to shift into a three at the back as/when needed in games.

Honestly no idea about the French lad, just that he's pretty highly rated etc

Tierney I do like a lot though.

Tierney has played a fair few games at CB also, my guess is we are looking at left backs who are able to shift into a three at the back as/when needed in games.

Honestly no idea about the French lad, just that he's pretty highly rated etc

Tierney I do like a lot though.

..i’m with @Mikey_Fitzgerald and you re Tierney, I watched him in a few games last season and he looks the part.

Edit - just noticed the Star are reporting we are back in for Tierney.

CM is crucial. We can't run out there with schneirderat and Gueye in the same midfield. I rate Gueye but they have proven that they cannot play in the same 11. Keeping morgan would make me very nervous because he can have a few good games but then as soon as a few rubbish performances come in he gives up completely and his attitude is on par with Mirallas. And hes just not good enough for the level we want to be at
People saying Schneids isnt good enough are hillarious. When he came here he was our best midfielder, easy, and played to a standard non of our other players at the time could even get close to. We still have no midfielders playing like he did his first 6 months, because he is leagues better than Davis, Beni or Gueye when he wants to be.
Like him or not, when playing to his potential and skills, he’s probably one of the best footballers we’ve got. Skills arnt his problem, its his head. If Marco can get him playing again, selling him would be idiotic. Give him until january, bring in a loan player as backup should he down tools again, and force him to play out the rest of his contract with the reserves if he doesn.

Think Bolasie is a good option from the bench. Don't quite understand the hate for him, he was injured for our nosedive in form and then came back from a serious injury to play some games and get us to 8th. He'll do ok somewhere.

As infuriating as he can be, he’s better than most options from the bench. That being said, he needs game time to prove he’s capable of being relied upon. A loan for the season is possibly the best option - given it could increase his value given its so low at this time.

People saying Schneids isnt good enough are hillarious. When he came here he was our best midfielder, easy, and played to a standard non of our other players at the time could even get close to. We still have no midfielders playing like he did his first 6 months, because he is leagues better than Davis, Beni or Gueye when he wants to be.
Like him or not, when playing to his potential and skills, he’s probably one of the best footballers we’ve got. Skills arnt his problem, its his head. If Marco can get him playing again, selling him would be idiotic. Give him until january, bring in a loan player as backup should he down tools again, and force him to play out the rest of his contract with the reserves if he doesn.

He is that good, Utd barely played him and were happy to let him go. Unfortunately, mentality is part of the game - can you really teach it ?

..i’m with @Mikey_Fitzgerald and you re Tierney, I watched him in a few games last season and he looks the part.

Edit - just noticed the Star are reporting we are back in for Tierney.

I said earlier today I did t think the Tierney interests was gone mate, I just think we now have people genuinely negotiating deals rather than just accepting the first terms of deal the selling club proposes.

I'd also say we are being smart in releases, people assuming the Malcolm links etc came from agents rather than us starting to use false leaks to pressure current t negotiations, interesting a day or so after that the Richarlison deal seems to have gone through, also interesting that this digne deal and Tierney are both coming out the same time, one name being used to pressure the other negotiations I'm guessing.

Expect a cb will get thrown out soon in the media to pressure the mins deal also.

All signs of a club being ran from a singular direction, which bodes very very well imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back