Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could get digne, Mina and even barrios over the line but leave him where he is till December and a loan for RLC then for me it’s been one hell of a window.

..really like Barrios but have no idea if there is anything in that one and as you say, it appears Boca Juniors will only release him in December.

..really like Barrios but have no idea if there is anything in that one and as you say, it appears Boca Juniors will only release him in December.
Yeah that would be good for us though in my opinion. Give him a break till January and then sell snides when he has showed nothing and recoupe the money we spent on Barrios win win. I hope there is something in it because the spine of the team would be unreal

Wouldn't need Schneiderlin if we signed RLC

Gana would be his natural partner in the middle

I think they'd work marvellouslly together
We don’t need that position, why are we spending that much on this position when we need that position more, come on let’s be honest with our selves other than a few positions Coleman, Pickford, Walcott every other position needs an upgrade if we want to compete at the top end of the table.

Our war chest has opened and things are now happening let’s see where we are at come the end of the transfer window before losing our heads over the position of our first signing.

Indeed, strengthening LW, gives Sigurdsson the opportunity to play centrally. Which in itself represents another position being upgraded.

CM whilst needing a player of quality to come in there is right now below LB & CB as a priority. I don’t think we will move for a striker this season.

Centre back and left back are clearly more important than a bloody striker mate, unless you've not been watching us at all last season

Haha not often I come up with something controversial. Think last time was slating Mcarthy in his first season ... hehe. I’m just willing to give Keane another go, want Holgate to start and jags can support with Feeney coming through. I know.. crazy right.

So you don't rate Tosun, despite the fact he came into a poor side and did ok. We are not in Europe, until christmas we have the league and league cup only. We don't need another CF if he is our main option and Niasse a back up. We are strengthening in other areas more needed, hence replacing Bolassie and Lookman with the kid from Watford, the left back we have been crying out for and a decent centre half.

@Eggs wrote a better reason than I could. It’s not that I don’t rate Tosun, but he he a different striker to Lukaku.

without a center back, one of jagielka or keane starts for us
without a centre mid, we'd have a (likely) midfield three of davies, gueye, and schneiderlin

tosun is a more than capable striker, and niasse appears to be staying. striker is nowhere near a priority position. the lukaku void was created by an over reliance on him and a failure to create a team with the funds we got for him. midfield and defence are much more problematic, we don't have the type of players there to facilitate the system Silva likes to play

I'm honestly not sure whether or not your post was sarcasm it was so clearly wrong?

Think about it if Tosun pulls a hammy. Then what? We have 1 striker people! 1! I like Niasse but would you bet your job on the guy?
BTW I’m not saying we don’t need any other positions .. but we can’t do a full team overhaul in one go. We can get to CB next season along with CM if none of Schneiderlin, Davies, Besic or Bennie show up.
I reckon Richarlison is going to be seen upfront a bit. Maybe. I don’t know.

Our centre backs are shocking. He cost more than all of them combined and I don't think he's worth that hence why he hasn't played for a top club in his career.
No player is worth the obscene amount of money been paid. But he joined a team that finished 3rd in the league and got to the champions league final. We can belittle all we like but the thing is they are a good side with a manager who can attract big names and has made signings we could not dream off.

No player is worth the obscene amount of money been paid. But he joined a team that finished 3rd in the league and got to the champions league final. We can belittle all we like but the thing is they are a good side with a manager who can attract big names and has made signings we could not dream off.

True, but they're taking a big risk, they've spent a lot lately, if they miss out on CL, which is always possible, especially now arsenal won't be a joke any more, they're in deep muck with debt.

The lad is 21, he had a good start to perm life under Silva - who I imagine is convinced there’s so much more to come from him.

If he was to realise that potential how could it not prove valuable?
Gamble £40M to £50M on a player hoping he makes the club £60 to £70M down the line?

I've nothing against him, I just dont see a player with his low-yield in terms of goals and assists as value at this price. He's just not.

Hand Celtic the extra cash they want for Tierney and let's at least do one thing right this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back