Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane and Klassen looked like they won a chance competition to play for Everton in the Algarve cup.

Vlasic (it pains me to say) wasn’t much better. More of a lightweight than me on anything over 6%

Sad to say Vlasic has never really done it for me. But he is about 12 so gets a let off.

Worth remembering that had we not got drawn against Split I highly doubt he’d even be here.

Doucouré has been interviewed highlighting a move to us as a sideways step earlier in the year.

Would like him as plays well in Silvas system, although it does stink of;

Martinez > McCarthy, Robles, Alcatraz, Kone
Koeman > Martina, Steklenburg

Albeit, way better previous players they’ve worked with.

As nice as it would be to see egg running down Watford’s face, I can’t see them letting them both go to us.
That was a wind up that interview

My United mate saying Everton got robbed again and he laughs his ass off when he heard we are getting Richarlison for like £44m. He said why should we add a bit here and there and try to buy Martial? I think he's missing the point. First thing first Martial would not move to Everton. Secondly, I believe we have been trying to sign better and bigger names since Moshiri took over but these big names won't join due to numerous of reasons. As we approach the deadline the people up there panic and thus we paid over the odd hoping these players who were among the best players in their original (smaller) clubs, would provide a quick fix but in reality, it does not work too well...Williams, Bolasie, Keane and Klaassen etc. And they costed loads of cash...well at least we seem to buy younger players now and if it does not work out, time is still on their sides and we could get most of our money back.
United have wasted a lot of money on transfers as well. There ain't a club that don't. But I don't think this one is bad at all. He's a young kid with loads of potential.

If we are to sign 6 players, that gives us 17 more days.

That's a player every 2.83 days.

That's not very likely.

We should probably hurry up.

Thankfully we have an extra 21 days to SELL others.

The emphasis on Silvas style is getting the ball forward w

Last season Silva played Cleverly behind the striker, can see Sigurdson playing that role.

Then two CM’s - Capoue & Doucouré. With Capoue operating as a holding midfielder.

Yup. He never really had a #6, though, when he didn't have Capoue in there last year, it was almost like two 8 in that either of the two CMs could go from either box. I've heard some describe it as two DCMs even. But some here think he likes having a Morgan style, sit back and do nothing #6. I've not seen that to be the case.

But I will say this and I said it last year - Doucoure would completely transform our midfield. You put him in between or around Gana and Siggy...night and day. He's a true engine. I just think he'd be super expensive.

I don't want to get carried away, but Mina/Digne/Ricarlison/Doucoure/ and another CB that is mobile and can distribute would be an unreal window. Mix in the sales, assuming Klaassen goes and at least Williams, one of Bolasie/Sandro, Schiederlin, Martina, get a decent loan for Vlasic, and man, that's as good as it gets.

It would take time to gel, but this lineup has some serious potential:

Pickford
Digne
Mina
Holgate
Coleman
Gana
Doucoure
Siggy
Ricarlison
Walcott
Tosun

Bench:
Oumar
Lookman
Sandro
Davies
Keane/Jags
Besic/McCarthy/Beni
Stek

..apologies if already posted, but a report says Huddersfield are considering a £23m bid for Davy Klaassen.

I did think some of our players could be in demand towards the end of the window.

Stay calm, don't look overeager

"Davy is key to our plans for the upcoming season"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back