Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linked with a Victor Lindelof, Man U.
There was a link to him about a month ago.
Hard to judge really, hasn’t settled at Utd. I haven’t seen him much, just what’s been reported in the press.

But gets rave reviews for Sweden, apparently was fantastic v Italy in the play off. Sweden seem to be quite defensive, so maybe that suits his style.

How long does a medical take? Why does this only seem to happen with our club, player comes in for a medical and then....... nothing. I remember when we signed Funes Mori was about 2 weeks from having his medical to being announced! When he left this summer it was all done and dusted before there were any rumours that he was leaving

ESPN actually did a feature on this last year:
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/22705066/chris-jones-takes-medical-everton

Interesting read!

I think once we have Richarlison over the line and the LB + CB it will be interesting to see what happens.

If were looking at 5 or 6...that would take us to 2 or 3 more with 1 being a keeper.

I wonder what is imperative, surely it must be a DM + a CM but we were linked to Malcom, a RW.

As for balance in the centre, i think it will be interesting to see where Sigurdsson plays + if Dowell is his understudy or drops into a deep position.

Will we go for a super DM or is the approach going to be two box to box players with someone ahead.

All very interesting indeed.

Personally hope we go for a superstar DM to build our attacks.

Certain the Malcom link was based on Lookman's potential exit. Could see another winger coming in if he goes.

I think once we have Richarlison over the line and the LB + CB it will be interesting to see what happens.

If were looking at 5 or 6...that would take us to 2 or 3 more with 1 being a keeper.

I wonder what is imperative, surely it must be a DM + a CM but we were linked to Malcom, a RW.

As for balance in the centre, i think it will be interesting to see where Sigurdsson plays + if Dowell is his understudy or drops into a deep position.

Will we go for a super DM or is the approach going to be two box to box players with someone ahead.

All very interesting indeed.

Personally hope we go for a superstar DM to build our attacks.
Silva did say it wouldn't all happen in one window.

I don't expect any more than four in Zatman.

There was a link to him about a month ago.
Hard to judge really, hasn’t settled at Utd. I haven’t seen him much, just what’s been reported in the press.

But gets rave reviews for Sweden, apparently was fantastic v Italy in the play off. Sweden seem to be quite defensive, so maybe that suits his style.
A bit like Ashley Williams for Wales.. backs to the wall defender

Hit us with that link please. That's interesting.
Screenshot_20180723-214453_Twitter.webp

In all honesty, barkley had the capability to run forward with the ball, but actually did it less and less the longer he was here.
In fact I don’t think i’ve ever seen a player stood still with the ball between his feet as much as him, as his painfully slow football brain cranked into gear.

He had more responsibility in linking the midfield and attack in his last two seasons. Don't forget he was our main creative outlet for 4 seasons.

Then add to the fact he only had Lukaku for the most part.

We lost Barkley and Rom...and funny enough the problems we had when they were here (lacking creativity and goal threats from other areas) are still here.

We don't have a creative midfield now. We don't have a team with lots of goalscorers either.

I don't see how anyone could look at our midfield and think the problem is the lack of a tough tackling number 8.

The problem is nobody can make a forward pass or carry the ball forward.

Our only decent games last year were with Rooney in deep midfield, and that only worked against the bottom clubs.

We need at least one decent passer in the style of Arteta and one ball carrier in the style of Barkley.

All the non-entities like Klaassen, McCarthy, Sigurdsson, Bolasie need to be sacrificied to get in the players we actually need. If we can find a buyer.

Arteta played at 8 though.

6 in the tough tackling anchor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back