Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Tuesday morning’s Toffee Transfer tit-bits;

- Sky Sports say Everton will announce the transfer of Richarlison this morning after the 21 year old Brazilian passed a medical yesterday. The Liverpool Echo quote Marco Silva: ‘When you look at other Brazilian players, some of them are not too direct like him. He is a worker. Everybody who saw him in a training session will understand what I told you. The good things about Brazilian footballers he has and I am really happy with him’.

- The Echo also quote Silva discussing the Everton transfer situation: ‘We need to be fair to our players but I can tell you, four, five or maybe one more, six, we have to sign’.

- French outlet, RMC say Everton face competition from Lyon for Barcelona defender, Yerry Mina. Lyon are said to want the player on loan.

- The Daily Mail suggest Everton are determined to keep hold of goalkeeper, Jordan Pickford, who has emerged as a target for Chelsea.

- 25 year old Everton midfielder, Mo Besic, has told the Liverpool Echo that his future at Everton is out of his hands.

- According to German outlet, Bild, Huddersfield Town are now interested in Everton midfielder Davy Klaassen but Werder Bremen remain in the driving seat to sign him. The German club have a £13.3m deal with Everton but the 25 year old is yet to agree the move.

- L’equipe report Lazio are interested in Lille midfielder, Thiago Mendes. Everton, Newcastle and AC Milan are also keen on the 26 year old Brazilian.

- Team Talk suggest Newcastle are now attempting to lure Danny Welbeck from Arsenal. They also say Leicester and Crystal Palace are eyeing Everton winger, Yannick Bolasie.

- The Liverpool Echo continue to link Everton with £22m rated Barcelona Left Back, Lucas Digne. They also claim Everton have cooled their interest in Celtic’s 21 year old defender, Kieran Tierney.

Last edited:
If we sign a left back in this window, I'll be astounded.

If we can chuck £35-50m about for Richarlison, why can't we lure Tierney? Celtic would jump at £25m and he's one of the brightest talents out of Scotland for years.

08:14
EVERTON KEEN ON DIGNE
Everton manager Marco Silva has confirmed he is interested in bringing Barcelona full-back Lucas Digne to the club.
Everton are close to completing a deal for Richarlison from Watford, and Digne could follow soon after.
"The English transfer market appears to be easy but it isn't. Some players have been identified but others must arrive sooner.
"Richarlison and Digne? We're interested in them and hope they can reinforce our squad. We'll see what happens in the next few days

...Tuesday morning’s Toffee Transfer tit-bits;

- Sky Sports say Everton will announce the transfer of Richarlison this morning after the 21 year old Brazilian passed a medical yesterday. The Liverpool Echo quote Marco Silva: ‘When you look at other Brazilian players, some of them are not too direct like him. He is a worker. Everybody who saw him in a training session will understand what I told you. The good things about Brazilian footballers he has and I am really happy with him’.

- The Echo also quote Silva discussing the Everton transfer situation: ‘We need to be fair to our players but I can tell you, four, five or maybe one more, six, we have to sign’.

- French outlet, RMC say Everton face competition from Lyon for Barcelona defender, Yerry Mina. Lyon are said to want the player on loan.

- The Daily Mail suggest Everton are determined to keep hold of goalkeeper, Jordan Pickford, who has emerged as a target for Chelsea.

- 25 year old Everton midfielder, Mo Besic, has told the Liverpool Echo that his future at Everton is out of his hands.

- According to German outlet, Bild, Huddersfield Town are now interested in Everton midfielder Davy Klaassen but Werder Bremen remain in the driving seat to sign him. The German club have a £13.3m deal with Everton but the 25 year old is yet to agree the move.

- L’equipe report Lazio are interested in Lille midfielder, Thiago Mendes. Everton, Newcastle and AC Milan are also keen on the 26 year old Brazilian.

- Team Talk suggest Newcastle are now attempting to lure Danny Welbeck from Arsenal. They also say Leicester and Crystal Palace are eyeing Everton winger, Yannick Bolasie.

- The Liverpool Echo continue to link Everton with £22m rated Barcelona Left Back, Lucas Digne. They also claim Everton have cooled their interest in Celtic’s 21 year old defender, Kieran Tierney.

If we get another 3 over the line I’ll be astounded

If we can chuck £35-50m about for Richarlison, why can't we lure Tierney? Celtic would jump at £25m and he's one of the brightest talents out of Scotland for years.
It's been reported that Celtic want the £25m upfront rather than paid over time, which is apparently standard. So we can throw £35m at Watford, because it will be paid over 2 years or so,as opposed to giving them a lump sum of £35m when we register Richarlison.

"For the avoidance of doubt, clubs that are able to will often offer to pay the entire transfer fee up front, as this is a benefit to the selling club and a bargaining chip. For large transfer fees, however, the fees are usually paid in regular instalments over a year or two. "

From the Independent article here for how it usually works.

I think you may have answered your own question. I don’t think Brands and co want to take a risk by paying that much for someone out of the Scottish league, he’s totally unproven in any decent competition.

I for one think that is totally justified.

I think you may have answered your own question. I don’t think Brands and co want to take a risk by paying that much for someone out of the Scottish league, he’s totally unproven in any decent competition.

I for one think that is totally justified.
I agree

I remember him getting MOTM against Barca in the CL a couple of years ago. He's gunna be one we look back at with regret, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back