Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I like the two young midfielders we’re linked with this morning and I also like Barrios. We need power, energy and ability in key areas.

The Austrian lad is interesting, not sure where that one has come from. Left sided Centre Back, hoping somebody on here has watched him from a defensive perspective, he’s got a portfolio of fine goals.
I know it’s only rumours, but the players we are linked with are young established players with their best years ahead of them. I agree with you regarding the midfielders we are linked with, but to me defence has to be a priority.

think someone who can pick the ball up and drive the midfield on is necessary, tho would be interesting to see how Sigurddsson could do that to be honest, hes what 28? would probs be looking to drop back more in midfield at this stage of his career anyway

Paul from Bootle bleeds blue and is entitled to be kept up to date via all his Twitter/Facebook/instagram feeds. But I question whether it benefits Paul (and his mates at his local) to prematurely announce signings. The sales of Everton crested fap socks spike around these announcements and should they turn out to be spurious, a lot of Paul's (and his mates') seed is needlessly wasted...remember we are talking potential future generations of Evertonians ending up in a sock here.
Listen meagher, I hear where you're coming from and your intentions toward complete and immediate transparency are commendable...but at the cost of scores of tomorrow's Blues? I'm not sure. Might we not find some compromise, some middle ground?...Everton's future might depend on it.
Pretty sure Paul Nuttall is a red. x

think someone who can pick the ball up and drive the midfield on is necessary, tho would be interesting to see how Sigurddsson could do that to be honest, hes what 28? would probs be looking to drop back more in midfield at this stage of his career anyway

He’s can’t simple as that. His best performances were from the left he’s not a CM

Argument has some merit. Sigurdsson plays deeper in the national team, as one of the CM:s in a 442.

Glyfi is our best option behind the striker at this moment - others will get chances to impress in the role; Lookman & Dowell perhaps. I’d worry if he was deeper that he didn’t have the discipline to hold his position.

However against weaker opposition he could perhaps benefit - Just feel we need someone who is natural in the role rather than trying to fit players into the first team.

As always happy to be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back