Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Gibson is a very good defender. Far far better than Mawson. He's not a bad option if we are genuinely not getting anywhere with other targets.

He's slow though, so we'd just end up with a upgrade on kean the same problem. We need pace at the back if were going to play this style.

I think im ready to wet the bed now - our garbage pre-season combined with Liverpools storming one is sending me over the edge. If we wait until the last day to miss out on Digne and Mina because they don't fancy us and he leaves us with what we've got at the back, I'll have Allardyce back.

Ben Gibson is a very good defender. Far far better than Mawson. He's not a bad option if we are genuinely not getting anywhere with other targets.

As others have said, Tim, it's a pace issue.

Gibson to me is a solid player but he wouldn't improve us. That's saying something.

Digne apparently waiting better offers before making a decision. [Poor language removed] him off and get tierney in if he isn’t that interested got enough people wanting a wage for free
That must be why there were a few reports yesterday that we are back for Tierney...give him until Monday/tomorrow. If still unsure move to next target which probably is Tierney.

Basic and money for Gibson. I'm at the point were anyone is an improvement anyway tbh.
I think we are past the point of desperate for decent defenders. It's quite laughable if you think how mismanaged the club has been in regards to buying defenders. It doesn't seem to matter who comes in, the problem grows worse. Even now we are dithering about for the barca duo yet seems obvious that mina isn't interested in coming, the other not sure but seems to be taking too long despite us being the only interested partie by all accounts. I have lost much of my optimism already which hacks me right off. It's not just 1 CB we need but 2 minimum and quality proven ones at that and definitely a left sided one. Can see mangala esq loans again which is appalling management if it happens again. That's my final winge for the week, sorry to be negative but just all feels to similar.

“We all need to work hard to get the results. That is everyone in the team, not just the defenders." interesting quote from Coleman. Our midfield is pretty porous so a little bit of sympathy but Keane has been dreadful.

What’s really tough is that our current lot of players isn’t even particularly young. Even if they were bad we could sell ourselves on the future.

These are grown men getting beat by junior varsity teams.

Most of our squad is young, but yes, it is the experienced ones who are letting us down terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back