Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Timak "don't panic" list of available players we could potentially get who would do a job for us. Either on loan or to sign.
A combination of youngsters looking for a chance and players who have had a big move at a young age and have something to prove

Defenders who can play in a high line (so fast and strong):
Kurt Zouma - I know he isn't perfect but he has the pace we require and still only 23 - high potential player
One of the Man Utd centre backs ideally Lindelof but I'd take Smalling as a short term fix
Leander Dendoncker - can play in midfield or centre back
Bensebaini - Rennes left footed centre back or left back

Midfielders who can play in a midfield three:
Marcos Llorente - Real Madrid
Joao Mario - Inter
Dani Ceballos - might be a bit ambitious as I suspect they'll play him more this year
Bakayoko - Chelsea - in horrific form but has talent and a chance to rebuild a career
Loftus-Cheek - we'd not be the only ones in for him but a full season at our level might appeal
Zinchenko - Man City - can cover left back or play in midfield
Brahim Diaz - Man City - exciting attacking midfielder/winger
Rafinha - Barcelona - all round central midfielder

If I could have my pick and a £30m budget I'd go for
Zouma (loan) and Bensebaini (buy £15m) in defence
Llorente (buy £15m) and Ceballos (loan) in midfield 3

Would transform this team

Pickford
Coleman Zouma Bensebaini Digne
Llorente Ceballos (one of our 17 bog average midfielders probably Gana)
Walcott Richarlison Lookman

I must have missed that, when exactly did this happen.

Must be referring to the west ham game .. that’s all I can seem to remeber . You know? The game where he didn’t pick the side but his media mates and himself gave him the credit, nonway rooney scores that half way line goal unless sam is watching

At the start of this window I wouldn’t have wanted stalling but rn I think we should be targeting him especially if Mina is going to Utd

I could see us being offered Barkley back on loan with Drinkwater. He’s clearly not going to get any game time at Chelsea under Sarri.

The loan market would work for us whilst the manager intills and refines his preferred formation.

Digne apparently waiting better offers before making a decision. [Poor language removed] him off and get tierney in if he isn’t that interested got enough people wanting a wage for free

The Timak "don't panic" list of available players we could potentially get who would do a job for us. Either on loan or to sign.
A combination of youngsters looking for a chance and players who have had a big move at a young age and have something to prove

Defenders who can play in a high line (so fast and strong):
Kurt Zouma - I know he isn't perfect but he has the pace we require and still only 23 - high potential player
One of the Man Utd centre backs ideally Lindelof but I'd take Smalling as a short term fix
Leander Dendoncker - can play in midfield or centre back
Bensebaini - Rennes left footed centre back or left back

Midfielders who can play in a midfield three:
Marcos Llorente - Real Madrid
Joao Mario - Inter
Dani Ceballos - might be a bit ambitious as I suspect they'll play him more this year
Bakayoko - Chelsea - in horrific form but has talent and a chance to rebuild a career
Loftus-Cheek - we'd not be the only ones in for him but a full season at our level might appeal
Zinchenko - Man City - can cover left back or play in midfield
Brahim Diaz - Man City - exciting attacking midfielder/winger
Rafinha - Barcelona - all round central midfielder

If I could have my pick and a £30m budget I'd go for
Zouma (loan) and Bensebaini (buy £15m) in defence
Llorente (buy £15m) and Ceballos (loan) in midfield 3

Would transform this team

Pickford
Coleman Zouma Bensebaini Digne
Llorente Ceballos (one of our 17 bog average midfielders probably Gana)
Walcott Richarlison Lookman

Bottom three due to no cohesion

We need a creator/lock picker in our midfield,shelvey?if not Mata again(remember here a couple of summers ago!!)this sideways/backwardsfootball drives me insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back