Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now hes seen that williams, jags, pennington and keane are useless. Holgate has been injured so how to play a winning 433 team with only Holgate as an option?

Then hes seen theres no deep midfielder who pass the ball

Unless he solves those issues playing 433 is...bonkers.

Zat, I thought the boy Pennington was in your “u23 deputise bunch”

And now hes seen that williams, jags, pennington and keane are useless. Holgate has been injured so how to play a winning 433 team with only Holgate as an option?

Then hes seen theres no deep midfielder who pass the ball

Unless he solves those issues playing 433 is...bonkers.

Agreed but it's too late now. Worryingly so.

We’ll get defenders in, I have no doubt. My issue is we’re back with Williams/Keane/Jags if any of them get injured like our new signings have a habit of doing atm.

We've got one more player in than I thought we'd have at this stage. So thats a bonus. Always thought we'd leave it late in the window. Too many players to ship out first. At least we made some inroads there. More to go hopefully.
Got to get a move on now though. Needs must in defence (maybe even defensive midfield). Hopefully the merry go round starts soon and transfers start to happen.

I can see Drinkwater coming in on loan deadline day. Maybe a proven Prem CB too as Mina will choose Utd more than likely. Don't shoot me. Just my gut feeling.

Think with time running out we’re going to have to take more achievable risks like Bensebaini etc. We just haven’t got the time to draw out negotiations with massive clubs for expensive players that hope someone bigger is after them.

P.S. I’m still calm.
Unless talks are alresdu going on. Did Bendelbaini play yesterday?. I was cincentrating on our players

I'm inclined to agree, as we're hamstrung by the contracts of the likes of Mirralas, Schneiderfraud and co until we can get rid of them.

If it brings breathing space, it may not be a bad thing.

Silva has been quoted as saying he wants a squad of 25 so the likes of the players you mention and others to me just leave them out of the squad and let them in the U23s or no games at all.

Tick tock...
7D6651FF-FB24-47EC-88BC-6FCF09FFC3B8.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back