Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presuming Digne signs, is the transfer window not going well? A few big wage earners out with two young quick high quality players brought in in problem positions we haven’t addressed for years?
Need at least 3 more to see real improvement. Still need a CM, CB if not 2, and possibly another striker. I’m guessing we’ll see at least one loan in addition to a couple more perms.

Needs at least two good CBs and a solid CM. This is currently a spineless team.

Whilst I 100% agree, I’m just not sure we can cure all our ills in one window sadly.

We’ve made good progress in the last 2 windows. Tosun Walcott Richarlison have conpletely altered the teams attack. We now need to do the same with the defence and midfield but if the players we need aren’t available in this window it may take more than one before we finally see a well balanced team.

Whilst I 100% agree, I’m just not sure we can cure all our ills in one window sadly.

We’ve made good progress in the last 2 windows. Tosun Walcott Richarlison have conpletely altered the teams attack. We now need to do the same with the defence and midfield but if the players we need aren’t available in this window it may take more than one before we finally see a well balanced team.

The problem is we've got a top 7 attack and a bottom 3 defence

Are we going to score enough goals to neutralise the 2 or 3 we'll concede every game?

At the very least, we need - assuming Digne signs as you say - a CB and a midfielder.

I said at the start four in was what I expected and if we do that, then okay.

Ideally, we need another CB and a striker, but yes, that would be very difficult all in one window - not in terms of actually getting those players (identifying and signing them should be within our reach) - but creating the room in the squad and clearing the wage bill.

The problem is we've got a top 7 attack and a bottom 3 defence

Are we going to score enough goals to neutralise the 2 or 3 we'll concede every game?

We started last season with a bottom 3 attack and a bottom 3 defence. Least we’re starting to move in the right direction.

We’ve gone from selling Lukaku for Rooney and Stones for Williams to at least starting to upgrade the quality with every signing we’re making.

It's all for nothing if we don't sort out the CB positions, if we go into the season with the current options we'll struggle down the bottom end of the table til January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back