Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all for nothing if we don't sort out the CB positions, if we go into the season with the current options we'll struggle down the bottom end of the table til January

Remember when Moyes at one point had Stones, Mustafi, Dier and Manolas all within the walls of Finch Farm (cant remember if Manolas made it that far but we were definitely close to a deal) and now we have Williams and Michael Keane. My days.

Presuming Digne signs, is the transfer window not going well? A few big wage earners out with two young quick high quality players brought in in problem positions we haven’t addressed for years?
Hypothetically but we need more and it would have been better if new players had more of a preseason with us. Saying that I would accept a new CB and CM now.

Digne has played there before and is capable, he's also more defensively capable than Tierney. However I think it would only work in a back 3 of Mina, Digne and Holgate/ Keane for example. I would worry playing him in a back 2. Does Silva often play 3 at the back? If this does happen I wouldn't be surprised to see Baines move on, maybe to America.

Baines to America....he gets homesick remember, like he did at the World Cup. His options will be somewhere in the North West, most likely a return to Wigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back