Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
After his displays in preseason he's burned his bridges with the new management already...and I do think we'll see a lot more activity...both in and out
Wishful thinking mate. The problem with the potential outs not inclusive of Schneiderlin (he has currency and would be relatively easy to move on) is nobody wants them.

Nobody would pay near what we offer for Mirallas, Tubby, Sandro and tinman. Nor do they want players with poor attitude or typically unable players.

I really think we need to prepare to see Schneiderlin in a midfield 3.

Hopefully we will sign a few more players, the two we will have brought in are in positions we could have got away with. We need CB more than a left back, and more than wingers.

We still need 2 CB, a CM and a CF. We need a CM who looks up and creates, Schneiderlin is the opposite and if we are serious about top 6/7, we need a CF who scores more, Niasse/Tosun will get you top 10 but not the next step up. Last year we relied on Rooney for goals, that says it all for me. Pre-season highlighted that fact, even playing against other teams on pre-season we struggled. Tosun fed on scraps but never done enough himself either.

Sadly that was just make believe.

It was widely reported as 9m in most places after a few days.
sadly, that makes me even more annoyed. would rather we have flogged Tubby for 3-4m paid half his wages and tried to move tin man on.

....only 9m, sigh

We arent going to fix all our problems in 1 window mate.

If we get in a LB, a CB and a CM that will do for a start surely.

Anything else is a bonus for me at this point.

Or Digne plus 2 CBs.

Not sure whether carrying one of Jags/Williams/Keane is better than carrying Schneiderlin.

Wishful thinking mate. The problem with the potential outs not inclusive of Schneiderlin (he has currency and would be relatively easy to move on) is nobody wants them.

Nobody would pay near what we offer for Mirallas, Tubby, Sandro and tinman. Nor do they want players with poor attitude or typically unable players.

I really think we need to prepare to see Schneiderlin in a midfield 3.
I think this new management team are a lot more ruthless than we give them credit for..Baines soon to be relegated to a back up and he was no where near our worst player last season...if they have seen a need for a new LB when the last one was a relatively favourite of ours then they can't have missed how much we dispised Snides for his cowardly perfomances..and he hasn't Improved preseason when he should be trying to impress a new manager. Silva tried to get a rise from him and he hasn't responded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back