Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
GK least of our worries !!! Sign an extension ...sure ! No? ...that's ok ! Sell ? Why not ...he'll never be worth more! Sign an f'n CB pair / replace Lukaku / have a LB under 32 ?!?!? Not rocket science....

DOFs / managers /board room???? Ppffftt
We all know what needs to happen...maybe the guys being paid millions can figure it out !

Make sense to give a lad who has four years on a deal a new one, on the back of a couple good games, the sort of thinking that has us in this mess.

England's player of the tournament, what an amazing feat, so hard to pick just one.
How has tying down our best players to longer contracts got us in this mess? It's been Koeman and Walsh's terrible recruitment bar a couple of players that has us where we are.

Make sense to give a lad who has four years on a deal a new one, on the back of a couple good games, the sort of thinking that has us in this mess.

England's player of the tournament, what an amazing feat, so hard to pick just one.
I assume you're referencing Wee Raheem and/or Ashley Young. Yes, both were terrific but better than Jordan?...hmmm...debateable

Denis Zakaria, Upamecano and possibly lacelles and I will be super happy with this window. If I had to take two of those three I would take the first two hands down... Knowing our luck we are getting Ben Gibson and resigning Schneiderlin to a bigger deal

Yeah mate I'm sure the fact he won every end of season award we had on offer had no contribution to offering him a new deal, it was just based on a few England games ;)

I’m a big fan of Ben Gibson. Won’t be the popular or trendy choice obviously, but then neither was Maguire when he was at Hull because he had “a big fat head” so was obviously a cart horse who couldn’t play.

Gibson has been a rock for Middlesbrough for years now. He’s a leader and an organiser, and has been their club captain since a very early age. Boro’s problem has been goalscoring in recent years, but their defensive record has always been good and Gibson has been a major reason for that.

He’s left sided which we badly need, and I could see a fruitful partnership with Holgate at the heart of the defence. Holgate is a talented player and played superbly alongside Williams for a run of games last season.

With Gibson’s leadership qualities, I could see Holgate flourish alongside him. Would also finally give us a back four with a youthful look with Digne, Gibson and Holgate all 25 and under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back