Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Seamus went off to Blackpool.

Like Garbutt went off to quite a few
Hennen went off to....
Browning went off to...
Galloway went to...

Seamus Coleman and Ross Barkley looked different class when they went to the championship. Ask Leeds fans how Pennington got on, I would have hoped to hear a few more positives.

There’ll always be examples off those that made it and those that don’t. I hope he plays better this season and comes back a world beater.

Hennen went off to....
Browning went off to...
Galloway went to...

Seamus Coleman and Ross Barkley looked different class when they went to the championship. Ask Leeds fans how Pennington got on, I would have hoped to hear a few more positives.

There’ll always be examples off those that made it and those that don’t. I hope he plays better this season and comes back a world beater.

..Barkley struggled for game time under Neil Warnock, he felt he was talented but couldn’t trust him to do his job in midfield.

Gonalons is a good player if he can recapture his form from a couple seasons ago

So if he can't then what? No from me. Might aswell go for Drinkwater on loan and get Doucoure. Proven in Prem. Zakania???(sp) is an unknown so throw a few quid at him maybe. Smalling/Cahill/Lascelles/Jones. 2 from 4 of those established but not fashionable CB. Done.

If we can't get somebody of quality in then yes. But hypothetically if say Kovacic decided to look for regular game time and we somehow convinced him I'd take it because he is going to get the ball and move it forward even though he isn't a big physical player. The question is can we find someone like that. Probably not
Can't disagree with that but the chances of us tempting a player of that quality / calibre are next to nil

At long last there is evidence of "joined up thinking " in our transfer activity.
None of the brash "buy him because we can " bravado of last summer .
There is a singular minded stategy in evidence here .
All hail Marcel

Exactly that.

Let’s not move on from Mina if Mina is who we want. Let’s wait for Mina, if we still believe we’ve got a chance of landing him and get the players in who we really want.

It’s a marathon not a sprint and signing inferior players this week, instead of those who we really want, won’t make one iota of difference in the short term. It’ll make a huge difference in the long term.

Hennen went off to....
Browning went off to...
Galloway went to...

Actually barkley didn't at all, he struggled under Warnock

It would probably require taking a risk on somebody young and hoping it works out. Maybe Loftus Cheek could be that guy not sure though
Yes we might have to take a risk on a younger unproven player.

I'm far from sure that should be RLC.

Good technical ability but appears to lack the drive , hunger , desire , call it what you like , to be a top player.

In that regard he reminds me very much of Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back