Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this Rojo talk is pure bollox. Looks like a liability for ManU, so put him in a team without Matic & their overall attacking threat & I’m not sure he’s any better than Funes Mori.

In fact, wasn’t Funes Mori ahead of him in the Argentina side?

According to the logic of GOT a full international and from a massive club means Rojo should be signed at all cost.

Rojo is well better than we have now, I think it’s ManUre reject bubbles more than anything else.
Had anyone heard of Mina before the World Cup, and now he is the saviour. Seems too slow for me and given our ability to defend the back four, we may have issues.
Think if it’s 13 million on a reduced wage it’s a good buy, he is a sneidy angry arse and that’s what we need.
Alongside Holgate might work, alongside Keane/Jags and fat bloke I don’t know......

So the idea is we pay United 30m for a cast-off so that they can spend less than that to get Mina ? Paper stirring.

I don't dislike Rojo but agree that it makes letting go of Mori look a bit daft.

How many players have we reportedly been buying this window in the press? How many have we actually bought?

I’ll believe it when I see it.
Whether we actually sign him or not is irrelevant. The point stands as it seems there is actual substance to us wanting him, especially now the ever reliable Paul Joyce has thrown his weight behind it.

We have a bloated squad and need to offload, we all get that. But the idea was offload in numbers and then recruit with quality over quantity. Rojo doesn’t fit in to that category.

It’s a truly bizarre “upgrade” on Funes Mori.

What concerns me about the rojo reports is it once again suggests we haven’t identified a particular ‘type’ of player.

Mina is a 6ft 5 man mountain who doesn’t look particularly quick but is a dominant ball winner, while rojo’s strengths (such as they are) have always struck me as being a decent all round footballer, and his recovery defending. Mina’s right Footed, rojo is left. He’s also 4 years older. They’re not alike at all as far as I can see, so why are we moving from one to the other? Surely there’s another player more similar to Mina if that’s the profile we want.

What concerns me about the rojo reports is it once again suggests we haven’t identified a particular ‘type’ of player.

Mina is a 6ft 5 man mountain who doesn’t look particularly quick but is a dominant ball winner, while rojo’s strengths (such as they are) have always struck me as being a decent all round footballer, and his recovery defending. Mina’s right Footed, rojo is left. He’s also 4 years older. They’re not alike at all as far as I can see, so why are we moving from one to the other? Surely there’s another player more similar to Mina if that’s the profile we want.

Well we need 2 centre backs (3 really), so maybe Silva wants both of them to replace Keane & Williams (with Jags hanging around for another year)......

We need speed at the back. That’s the positive I can see in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back