Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to SSN,Man Utd have told Mina to stay were he is a not sign for anybody, because if they don't get Maguire, they'll come in for him. Cheeky sods. Just tell Mina we actually want him, not as second choice.

We probably should have swerved him a week ago. Although we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes.
I’ll remain optimistic with the bleach on standby

Really think we need 2 new CB’s. Stick Mina in alone and you’ll still have Keane/Jags/Williams next to him... I want Holgate to be starting but I have a feeling he’s rapidly becoming the next player we all “remember” as being better simply because he’s been out the team for so long.

I disagree. I think last summer we signed some players who were below standard no matter how we intended on playing. That said I do agree that we should at some point do that but currently we have a week and we need defenders so if we can get one then play to what they can do
Some of them were below par for where we wanted to be, yes, but that wasn’t your point. Nobody who saw Keane play for Burnley would have said he wasn’t a ‘good defender’ but he looks absolutely appalling here. Loads of people argued Williams was a ‘better defender’ than stones but they weren’t taking into account the roles the 2 of them were playing, so when Williams turned up he suddenly didn’t look very good at all.

You’re effectively suggesting that you could replace Peter crouch with Theo Walcott and it wouldn’t make any difference because they’re both good. I think football is a bit more nuanced than that.

We need to identify the areas we are lacking in, and the skills we want from players in those positions, and build a side that way. Just signing players who are ‘better than what we’ve got’ is an amateurish way of going about things and I hope not a mantra brands lives by.

Sky are saying £13 million, and he's worked with Silva before. Is there a pattern emerging here?
at 13 million might be looked on as a low cost gamble , I think we will still need somebody else at centre half even if we buy him, he is injury prone and rash so cant expect to rely on him for the full season.
On the plus side he runs faster than a milk float , and has a set of bollocks unlike are current lot.

Rojo isn't a worldbeater, but he'd be our best centre back by a significant margin.
Went round to ma's last night for dinner and an old family friend was there. Pam's a lovely old lady who lost her husband ,John, about 5 years back. She's just taken a new lover who she met at her retirement home. Frank's a bit younger than Pam, good bloke but a bit creaking in the joints. Anyway, to cut a long story short; Frank ain't no worldbeater...but he'd be our best centre back by a significant margin...

What concerns me about the rojo reports is it once again suggests we haven’t identified a particular ‘type’ of player.

Mina is a 6ft 5 man mountain who doesn’t look particularly quick but is a dominant ball winner, while rojo’s strengths (such as they are) have always struck me as being a decent all round footballer, and his recovery defending. Mina’s right Footed, rojo is left. He’s also 4 years older. They’re not alike at all as far as I can see, so why are we moving from one to the other? Surely there’s another player more similar to Mina if that’s the profile we want.
That is a very valid point, but I think it shows the management are unhappy generally with our centre backs and want a new pairing.

Everton fc have officially been announced as trialling walking football next season in the premiership. .Striker Billy "whizz" kenwright (named after taking the preverbial) said there was enough pace in the team to challenge man Utd next season

Inappropriate Language
I think next season will be a write off again coz it will take more the 2 windows to sort this mess out . Our best players are ageing and the rest are [Poor language removed] . We have Pickford Coleman gana richarloson tosen Davies Walcott sig and that’s it

Richarlison and Digne mixed up signings ?
Not Digne no, but I do find it a little odd that we baulked at paying 25 million for our “first choice”, but then happy to pay 20 million for someone else.

No problem with Digne personally, has pedigree and looks a good signing.

Richarlison has a mixed bag of opinions it’s fair to say.

I was talking more about the central defence rather than those two though. It’s an area we’re desperate to solve, and the new regime have now had plenty of time.

I genuinely don’t understand either of the players targeted. Mina looks to have potential, but he’s not plugging that gaping left sided hole that we need to fill.

Rojo would fit, but it’s a terrible signing if it happens IMO. He’ll turn 29 before the end of the season, he’s injury prone and when he does play, he’s rash and VERY inconsistent.

Whose idea is that? If it’s Brands then I’ll already be disappointed with him. Not the sort of player I thought he’d be targeting.

I mean rojo isn't a great defender

but we are getting desperate and it's at a stage he'd come in and look like nesta to the absolute garbage we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back