Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We simply need two CBs and a true box to box CM to relegate Morgan to backup defensive midfielder. This is basically the same as last year - with more responsible signings of course - when we had a CLEAR need at CF and CB/LB. This is a more competent management team it appears, but any involvement of Bill and the board has to be a concern due to lack of expediency.

Increasingly likely that Keane and Jagielka start at Wolves next week (or possibly Holgate gets a spot). Either way, it doesn't fill you with confidence.
So, it is what it is now. The main thing is to get at least one (hopefully two) centre backs in by 5pm on Thursday.

That is a bit daft its one thing the window closing earlier than usual but why 5pm instead of 11, we are normally good for some late night deals.

Oh where's holgate

Jags and Keane and gana and morhan. I'd a disgrace going into the last pre season game

2.defenders who are to slow paired a d 2 cdms pair together who have no creativity

People celebrating departures, Should hold off until we see what the squad is after the 9th

Giroud springs to mind from last summer where we were left with a squad with all the balance of a pissshead on paddy’s day

The players that have left who actually contributed last season? Rooney? That’s it they won’t be missed at all

I suppose it's very difficult to find chemistry without playing together and forming that understanding. It might take a while to do, but we're not far away in terms of acceptable options across the front 4.

I think our focus has to be CB first. I'd only bring in a forward player if the deal is amazing in our favour. I expect Dowell, Sandro and Lookman will be used as subs across 3 positions behind the Striker with DCL and Niasse backing up Tosun. Some of those could be better, but miles more depth than defensive positions.

I think we're barely adequate all over the pitch apart from the GK and right back position. If Lookman stays then obviously we're in a decent position on the LW.

This really is a dire situation to be in though after spending so much money.

I think it's a solid mix. We won't be able to get a 20+ a season Lukaku replacement unless we scout and drop on someone cheap.

But I think we've got a good variety with Niasse and DCL too.

The problem is creating chances. If we're creating and not scoring, there's a problem. But at the moment it'll be the opposite until we sort out that midfield.

But I've always said, you'll be talking next season to improve a forward line IMO
I see no one with physical presence. There's no change that can be made amongst the forwards we have that would offer a defence a vastly different problem to solve if we had to set them it. Since Lukaku left we haven't had that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back