Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're barely adequate everywhere barring a couple of positions.

The squad is at an all time low on the evidence of the pre-season. Ok Pickford to come in, but we need a very busy last few days in this transfer window.
Not gonna fix this squad with one window

That game played right into our hands, in the sense that we look good going forward but shocking at the back in key positions; we clearly have to splash out now. The team looks like this to me:

Pickford

Coleman [New CB/Holgate] [New CB] Digne

[New CDM] Gana

Walcott Gylfi Richarlison

Tosun

That's at the very least Jagielka and Schneiderlin replacements, but I'm otherwise happy with 8/9 of our starters.

That game played right into our hands, in the sense that we look good going forward but shocking at the back in key positions; we clearly have to splash out now. The team looks like this to me:

Pickford

Coleman [New CB/Holgate] [New CB] Digne

[New CDM] Gana

Walcott Gylfi Richarlison

Tosun

That's at the very least Jagielka and Schneiderlin replacements, but I'm otherwise happy with 8/9 of our starters.

The subs are pretty much awful. No way we can rely on Davies and Sandro etc if the starters are out.

True. But I still think he should fight for a place. It's not like we're overloaded in his position, he would find his chances.
Which i do concur with. However, we don't know what has been said to him by Silva and such, if he was told he's pretty far down the proverbial pecking order, I don't blame him for wanting to play every week somewhere else. As long as it's not a permanent move I think it would work for all parties.

The subs are pretty much awful. No way we can rely on Davies and Sandro etc if the starters are out.

Yeah but we're not signing 4 or 5 players in less than a week are we, we'll have to make do with 2 or 3 which hopefully makes out first XI much stronger. Also, not every team we play in the premier will have the quality of Valencia every week. In fact, I'd argue that none of the first 5 teams we play are close to them, so we could get away with one weaker player in the XI.

Yeah but we're not signing 4 or 5 players in less than a week are we, we'll have to make do with 2 or 3 which hopefully makes out first XI much stronger. Also, not every team we play in the premier will have the quality of Valencia every week. In fact, I'd argue that none of the first 5 teams we play are close to them, so we could get away with one weaker player in the XI.

I guess 1 CB 1 CM that’s being optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back