Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone chill. I reckon this is going to be the busiest deadline day ever and we will do alright.

Brands and Silva will know what we need - it's bloody obvious to anyone.

They will have lots of irons in lots of fires and they cannot physically force clubs to sell or players to sign.

Also no point in bringing in players because they are different to what we have - they have to be the right ones in their character and fit into the squad - we have got this wrong so often recently and can't afford to haemorrhage money the way we have.

We will add in the next 5 days, they will be good players and although they may take time to settle without a preseason with the squad, we will be OK.

We have a good manager and DoF and some good players.

One of the best young keepers in the world, 2 quality full backs, a really good front 4 and a decent all energy midfielder. We all know we need 2 CBs and a CM.

I think we will get them.

Chill.

Nzonzi please
In a perfect world N'zonzi

But right now i'd take that biff from Stoke
I'm curious which center mids you want? Preferably not from the Dutch League
Brozovic but we don't stand a chance after the World Cup

Id have gone for Torreira, but he went to Arsenal.

Tielemans - Monaco
Bentacur - Juventus
Kovacic (loan) - Madrid
Cook - Bournemouth

I think Brands will also have a list of South Americans and i think we may see a surprise signing...

Wouldnt go for Nzonzi, i actually rated him at Stoke but now hes 29 and i think we should be building a young team.

I actually think he suits us well. Will come up and win a tackle, may foul, but he'll never let someone just go free. Can pass the ball a bit. Keane looked okay at times today, looked completely awful at others, but it's hard to tell if it's him or Baines.
Sadly I think Baines is now too old to play left back. It's very rare that you get a player that can play that kind of position at top level past the age of 31/32 - hopefully Digne can be a good replacement

2 CB’s and Midfielder

There should be enough threat up top to see us through to January/ next season to add a bit more quality

Baby steps, get the foundations in place because at present Michael Keane is like a house on falling cliff

Everyone chill. I reckon this is going to be the busiest deadline day ever and we will do alright.

They will have lots of irons in lots of fires and they cannot physically force clubs to sell or players to sign.

Also no point in bringing in players because they are different to what we have - they have to be the right ones in their character and fit into the squad - we have got this wrong so often recently and can't afford to haemorrhage money the way we have.

We will add in the next 5 days, they will be good players and although they may take time to settle without a preseason with the squad, we will be OK.

One of the best young keepers in the world, 2 quality full backs, a really good front 4 and a decent all energy midfielder. We all know we need 2 CBs and a CM.

Chill.

Front 4 ? Perhaps so but lets take a look at it...

Left - Richarlison + Lookman = ACE
Centre - Tosun + Niasse + DCL = 7th best
Right - Walcott + ???

Attacking midfield - Sigurdsson + ???

I think we need another right + central player before we get too excited. Is that Dowell for the centre and another wide player, i dont know.

What i do know is that i dont want Bolasie as backup to Walcott (injury prone) and as Vlasic is frozen out...we need someone.

Chill.

It was bloody obvious to Koeman and Walsh that we needed a striker last season - and they didn't get one

We've been burnt too many times to just accept that the powers that be will do the best for the club

To be honest, i'm not particularly impressed that our most glaring problems haven't been sorted yet - Even if we do get the 3 necessary players in this week, it's not exactly ideal to not have them involved in any part of pre season.

Id have gone for Torreira, but he went to Arsenal.

Tielemans - Monaco
Bentacur - Juventus
Kovacic (loan) - Madrid
Cook - Bournemouth

I think Brands will also have a list of South Americans and i think we may see a surprise signing...

Wouldnt go for Nzonzi, i actually rated him at Stoke but now hes 29 and i think we should be building a young team.
Tielemans Bentacur and most likely Kovacic are not realistic although they are good players. Cook would be good but looks nailed on for Spurs at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back