Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was bloody obvious to Koeman and Walsh that we needed a striker and a centre back and a left back last season - and they didn't get one

We've been burnt too many times to just accept that the powers that be will do the best for the club

To be honest, i'm not particularly impressed that our most glaring problems haven't been sorted yet - Even if we do get the 3 necessary players in this week, it's not exactly ideal to not have them involved in any part of pre season.

Fixed

Everyone chill. I reckon this is going to be the busiest deadline day ever and we will do alright.

Brands and Silva will know what we need - it's bloody obvious to anyone.

They will have lots of irons in lots of fires and they cannot physically force clubs to sell or players to sign.

Also no point in bringing in players because they are different to what we have - they have to be the right ones in their character and fit into the squad - we have got this wrong so often recently and can't afford to haemorrhage money the way we have.

We will add in the next 5 days, they will be good players and although they may take time to settle without a preseason with the squad, we will be OK.

We have a good manager and DoF and some good players.

One of the best young keepers in the world, 2 quality full backs, a really good front 4 and a decent all energy midfielder. We all know we need 2 CBs and a CM.

I think we will get them.

Chill.

You are absolutely mental mate

We are a disaster

Keane can't tackle, Sandro can't walk, Kenwright is a wrongun, moshiri is a fraud, lookman is a gonna and West Ham have bought all the overated trash we would have bought last year!

It's over lad, I literally don't know what else can be done.

Championship here we come!!!

:coffee:

Ah the old "you know less than **insert manager** or **insert DOF**"

The same fools said the same when Walsh was peeing big money up the wall on Bolasie and Siggurdsson.

After our glaring problems last season and this pre season to not have a CB and CM in yet is poor - spin it any other way to suit an opinion but the reality is simply that.

We chase a manager for months and get in a legal wrangle over it, and we dont back him in getting defensive players when his defensive PL record is questionable at best that is negligence from the board / brands.

Expect plenty of 3-2 defeats / 3-3 draws if we dont sort ourselves out.

Remind me when Walsh was director of football for Leicester ?

Apples and Oranges.

It was bloody obvious to Koeman and Walsh that we needed a striker last season - and they didn't get one

We've been burnt too many times to just accept that the powers that be will do the best for the club

To be honest, i'm not particularly impressed that our most glaring problems haven't been sorted yet - Even if we do get the 3 necessary players in this week, it's not exactly ideal to not have them involved in any part of pre season.

Incorrect, they had Giroud in the building. Once he turned us down, Koeman didn't want anyone else and felt Vlasic, Rooney, Siggurdson and Sandro would be enough up front.

Incorrect, they had Giroud in the building. Once he turned us down, Koeman didn't want anyone else and felt Vlasic, Rooney, Siggurdson and Sandro would be enough up front.

Incorrect.

Koeman was on record repeatedly as saying he wanted four in, before we eventually brought one in.

Edit. Here: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/who-let-everton-koeman-down.91244/

Same was true with striker etc after Lukaku left. After the event he tried to put a brave face/positive spin on it but of course we wanted a replacement for Lukaku.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back