Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where the hell does it say that?

"That was really hard to swallow. You tell me, where you can get a better striker?"

He had brought in players who got 10+ goals for their previous clubs. He always said he wanted goals from everywhere.

If you wanted to replace Lukaku you don't wait that long to replace him. Additionally, where were the other options when Giroud said no?

Are ‘better’ and ‘another’ interchangeable in this context then?

Do you recall any last minute scrambles to get a Giroud-like player in? I didn't.

If we don't sign a centre back because Mina jibs us off...I'll say the exact same thing towards Silva and Brands - no other targets?

"That was really hard to swallow. You tell me, where you can get a better striker?"

He had brought in players who got 10+ goals for their previous clubs. He always said he wanted goals from everywhere.

If you wanted to replace Lukaku you don't wait that long to replace him. Additionally, where were the other options when Giroud said no?

He's right. Nobody at the time who'd consider us would be better for that role.

That interview was after his sacking and recalling how significant the failure to replace Lukaku was to his own sacking.

By admiring Giroud he's not saying he didnt want to replace Lukaku because he had Vlasic an Rooney. The quotes youve provided are the opposite - he is saying they were different strikers to a Lukaku/Giroud an the club were unable to replace Lukaku.

Do you recall any last minute scrambles to get a Giroud-like player in? I didn't.
We were heavily linked with Raul Jimenez and Kenneth Zohore in the last few days of the window, aswell as countless other links throughout the summer.

That isn’t really the point though is it. You’ve put forward a quote to prove your point when it doesn’t even remotely say what you’re suggesting.

There were no last minute scrambles, period. No striker, no left back, no centre back all of which we needed 12 months ago. It was if Koeman went into full on sulk mode when he couldn't get Giroud and F... it if i cant get him i aint avin anyone

He's right. Nobody at the time who'd consider us would be better for that role.

That interview was after his sacking and recalling how significant the failure to replace Lukaku was to his own sacking.

By admiring Giroud he's not saying he didnt want to replace Lukaku because he had Vlasic an Rooney. The quotes youve provided are the opposite - he is saying they were different strikers to a Lukaku/Giroud an the club were unable to replace Lukaku.

He said not getting Giroud to add something different caused his sacking.

He didn't get anyone else similar to Giroud. If he were that important, surely he'd had got someone in? And for a man of his temperament, he'd have cried about it the minute the window shut.

Wasn't there also that thing about Vlasic not being allowed the squad number he wanted as we thought we had a chance for Diego Costa on loan?

robert-de-niro-gif-1.gif

We were heavily linked with Raul Jimenez and Kenneth Zohore in the last few days of the window, aswell as countless other links throughout the summer.

That isn’t really the point though is it. You’ve put forward a quote to prove your point when it doesn’t even remotely say what you’re suggesting.

Fine.

It's my interpretation of what he's saying then.

The bulb head didn't get Grioud. Blames it for getting the sack. Didn't get anyone else in.

Slimani at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back