Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said not getting Giroud to add something different caused his sacking.

He didn't get anyone else similar to Giroud. If he were that important, surely he'd had got someone in? And for a man of his temperament, he'd have cried about it the minute the window shut.
He cried about it after every single game mate.

And he knew once the window shut that he was waiting for that sacking and pay off because the club hadn't got him what he needed . That and walsh had free reign on transfers

Since Monday marks 100 days since we last held a lead in a proper football match (2 league games (DL), 6 pre-season games (D, D (lost on pens), LLLL) I think we obviously need a few players.

I mean you say proper football match and then in the next sentence you mention preseason games.

No offence but thats probably the most useless stat ive ever read.

I mean you say proper football match and then in the next sentence you mention preseason games.

No offence but thats probably the most useless stat ive ever read.

Well dress it up anyway you want. We should want to win these games just as much as the opponent with or without anything at stake. If we continue to invite teams to hit the target with barely any semblance of proper defending (see Goals 1 and 2 today and add in the complete balls up by Sandro for the third goal which was followed by no defending of any note and, yes, a fine finish.. then we're in deep trouble.

And by proper games I meant not warm ups against a pub team.

Somehow predictable

Yup cos s bloke unverified with about 1k followers is on the speed dial for mourinho.

Or what he's actually doing is has read s report in a badly jarg Italian paper then repeated in s Spanish one and now being repeated as itk info from every chancer on twitter

Well dress it up anyway you want. We should want to win these games just as much as the opponent with or without anything at stake. If we continue to invite teams to hit the target with barely any semblance of proper defending (see Goals 1 and 2 today and add in the complete balls up by Sandro for the third goal which was followed by no defending of any note and, yes, a fine finish.. then we're in deep trouble.

And by proper games I meant not warm ups against a pub team.

We aren't in deep trouble a whole week before the league season has even kicked off. We have 5 days to sign a couple of players. Easy.

Even though the pre season has been disappointing results wise, it has been invaluable in lots of other important areas. Dead wood was all given a chance and the clearance is well under way, defence has to be reinforced with 2 decent central defenders before Thursday, other areas need more pace too but defence is the priority. Even though there are only 4 days left, a lot can happen in the last 4 days of a transfer window so haven't given up hope yet. Brands has hopefully got it well in hand.

Im not taking anything away from our problems, I just take offence with the "stat" mate.

I mean for 80 of those days we didnt even play a game, we then won our first preseason game.

Sandro is a joke, our defence is an utter farce, our midfielders are mostly clowns, no issue with that.

We need a CB and an actual midfielder, I said yesterday I dont know if we need a DM or a CM, both needs are pretty pressing, at this point I think we will be lucky to get a CB. I see people fuming, but clearly its becoming tricky to get 1, im still hopeful we can like.

Im not taking anything away from our problems, I just take offence with the "stat" mate.

I mean for 80 of those days we didnt even play a game, we then won our first preseason game.

Sandro is a joke, our defence is an utter farce, our midfielders are mostly clowns, no issue with that.

We need a CB and an actual midfielder, I said yesterday I dont know if we need a DM or a CM, both needs are pretty pressing, at this point I think we will be lucky to get a CB. I see people fuming, but clearly its becoming tricky to get 1, im still hopeful we can like.

Do you think we will be well covered enough at CB is we don't bring 1 in mate. A 36 year old Jags, an injured Holgate and Keane? I will be worried if we don't get one in.

Yeah ok, the number of days wasn't relevant but the amount of playing time obviously is. With poor-to-average opponents coming up in the PL we need to take advantage if we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back