Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t have to take any time to gel if they’re good enough. Van Dijk went into that lot and made an instant impact.
I am sure he trained with the team for a few weeks before he started? At the back and midfield it's vital you have an understanding. We are leaving it all too late again. And sacrificed any preseason confidence/ form too.

I dunno. About 8 games. Some clothing. Maybe 500 quid lol

Where's the Everton club shop and occasional top balcony tickets money Bill

You're not the only one spending money. Say around 50,000 fans have spent an average of around a grand each since Mosh came: that's 50m.

Plus what those fans spend on the products of advertisers, especially betting.

Fans directly or indirectly contribute hundreds of millions of pounds every year in following their team.

If you're among them then it is indeed your dough. Neither the clubs nor Sky magically have monies to splash: they get the money first from their consumers.

They can have Lookman as well after today’s “performance”

What did you seriously expect in nine minutes ?

Lookman should have been on at 60 minutes instead of Ramirez !!
If the DoF/manager are serious about him not being sold, why on earth wasn't he given more time to try and influence the game ?

You're not the only one spending money. Say around 50,000 fans have spent an average of around a grand each since Mosh came: that's 50m.

Plus what those fans spend on the products of advertisers, especially betting.

Fans directly or indirectly contribute hundreds of millions of pounds every year in following their team.

If you're among them then it is indeed your dough. Neither the clubs nor Sky magically have monies to splash: they get the money first from their consumers.

The club makes 3m a year from people buying shirts, per the Kitbag deal.
The club makes 17m a year from tickets, from that it has to pay police costs.

Hundreds of millions is so wide of the mark its unreal, unless you meant every single club in the world, since the beginning of time.

What did you seriously expect in nine minutes ?

Lookman should have been on at 60 minutes instead of Ramirez !!
If the DoF/manager are serious about him not being sold, why on earth wasn't he given more time to try and influence the game ?

Not to mooch round like a sulky teen.

9 or 90 minutes shouldn’t make a difference, he is still being paid as a professional.

The club makes 3m a year from people buying shirts, per the Kitbag deal.
The club makes 17m a year from tickets, from that it has to pay police costs.

Hundreds of millions is so wide of the mark its unreal, unless you meant every single club in the world, since the beginning of time.

You misunderstood. The hundreds of millions is what is spent by the end-consumer, directly or indirectly. It's not the gross amount that the club receives.

Say you spend a grand a year on tickets, shirts, TV and anything to do with EFC where a cut will go to the club. Include your spending on advertiser's products during TV broadcasts.

How many EFC fans worldwide who also spend? Some less than a grand, some more.

I stand by the statement: Fans of the major clubs, and I include Everton in that, spend hundreds of millions of pounds (gross) on following their club, either directly (club-related) or indirectly (ad-related).

This monies is filtered many ways, the club gets its cut. The more fans spend, the bigger this cut is (hence the massive TV monies lately). If fans didn't show willing to spend so much money, then there'd be far less money going around. We wouldn't be buying a Sig or Richarlison for 40m+, for starters.

So when a fan says "it's not my money" regarding transfers, that's only true if he's not contributing to the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back